Still unable to receive/send mms on amber

jck731

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Just purchased a new unopened 521 for my mom that was already updated to amber. She has been on Tmobile since voicestream so her sim was the old regular size. I usually purchase phones online so I'm used updating mms apn's and configuring settings and I also had a old regular sim and cut it to fit into a lumia 710 and it worked flawlessly. I assumed since the 521 was tmobile it would be the same with her 521 however it hasnt been able to send or recieve mms. I installed her sim into my lumia 710 and it recieved MMS so I narrowed it down to the phone settings on the 521. Ive:
-turned off wifi calling through its app and selected cell preferred
-turned on and off wifi
-made sure data connection was "on" however none of us have a data plan...never needed it and used the TMO loyalty to get passed them "requiring" smart phone data packages.
-changed home network from automatic to tmobile 2G,4G
-used epc.tmobile apns w/ and w/o proxy and port numbers, also changing ipv4 and ipv6
-used fast.tmobile apns w/ and w/o proxy and port numbers, also changing ipv4 and ipv6
-changed the region country from US to other countries
-airplane mode
-sending MMS to myself

I know the new phone came with its own micro sim but would there be a significant difference in her old sim card to the new micro one? and she's already on tmobile with a tmobile phone so I'm not sure why its so tedious to set up the mms send/receive. Everything else is working fine like calling, sms, and since we only utilize wifi we have no problems with internent. I also remember configuring some older phones with a wap.voicestream APN but Im pretty sure that configuration might be outdated?

the only thing I havent done is a hard reset and maybe something else im forgetting. Thanks for any help!

jck731

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Thats what Ive always heard as well however its always worked for me. I read on your link you posted that they allow some data to still send mms if people dont have a data plan so im gonna do a hard reset, then enter the given apn settings and call tmobile to see if her account is setup for mms sending without data. Thanks for the link and info. ill keep the thread updated if it works or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb