strange new icon on nokia lumia 625 after windows update

W

WPCentral Question

Hi,

last night I updated my Lumia and now I have a little icon in the top left hand side of the screen that I've never seen before! it looks like a little white rectangle with three horizontal lines of different lengths. does anyone know what this is?!

the other strange/ annoying thing that's happened is that my pictures live tile is showing photos that I don't have - they seem to be stock pictures, but they're not in my album. I've tried turning it off and on again, and doing a soft reset, and deleting the tile, but nothing's working...

any suggestions?
thanks!

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
The icon in the too left is the mobile signal indicator.

The images shown are by default. It slides through the images on your phone. As you start to take pics it will update with these instead.

veritylies

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
ah, i'm being silly - I didn't mean horizontal lines, I meant vertical.

from left to right, I have my mobile signal strength, then my wifi connection, then this random icon. it looks a bit like an addressed envelope. I've gone through all the settings etc and cannot figure out what it is!!!

regarding my photos - I have loads of pictures on my phone, none of these are showing up on my live tile, just these stock pictures that don't exist!!!

sigh, updates. :cry:

Ganesh Venkat

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
That's the notification centre icon! Any notification you get and that icon should be showing up!! Just slide down the action centre and clear the notifications to get rid of the icon..imo its a very useful one at least to me xD

blackout2005

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
It's the notification icon, meaning app(s) have notification to check. Slide down the noti centre from the top of your screen and clear all of the noti, it should get rid of the icon. You can also go to setting and make changes as to which app can send noti.

Renie Price

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
As far as the pics are concerned. I have just found out if you put some of your favourite pics in the favourite folder only they will show on the start screen. Random pics were driving me mad too. 😠 Hope that helps 😉

Anupal Kasyap

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Hey! For the unknown pictures showing up on the live tile, they are the default pictures of windows phone. Delete the default pictures folder from your phone. It worked for me. Hope it solves your problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963