Suitable format of micro sd card for 950.

marcoslai

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I bought a Toshiba Exceria 64GB MicroSDXC UHS-I class 10 card recently,insert the card into my 950 and use the built in format feature to format it,I don't know what format it does,but run smooth. I see some comment from web that user format their micro sd card to FAT32 using Windows PC before they put the card into phone,does it make a difference? What format is suitable for 64GB MicroSDXC class 10 card on our 950?

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
My experience is a class 10 SDXC card (like you have) is the best choice for transfer speed and storage. As for formatting, I put the new empty card into the phone(s) and let the devices do the formatting. I haven't ever had issues following this process.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I would suggest exfat instead of fat32, because with it you can have files larger than 4gb. (it could happen when storing 4k video for example)

tweet2nowhere

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
The UHS and U are the important part. UHS U3 cards perform the fastest. Best to look for reviews with tests using high res pics or 4k recording performance.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Any card larger than 32GB when formatted using the phone gets formatted with the standard format, i.e. exFAT. Any card large smaller than or equal to 32GB will get formatted to FAT32. IMO, if you want to store files larger than 4GB (video recordings especially) then exFAT is the best choice. As I said, 64GB cards will be formatted to exFAT regardless (on a phone or PC) but 32GB or less cards can only be formatted to exFAT using a PC.

Red920

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Do I need to format the memory card on a PC first? I bought a Samsung SDXC uhs-1 class 10 62 GB memory card and put it straight into my 950 and it doesn't seem to have found it. I have tried several soft resets. Is a hard reset necessary? Or...?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
The UHS and U are the important part. UHS U3 cards perform the fastest. Best to look for reviews with tests using high res pics or 4k recording performance.

Does anyone know the max read/write speed of the 950? if i remember correctly, 4K video on the 950 is at 27Mbps (mega bits per second) so a U3 card would just be overkill.

Do I need to format the memory card on a PC first? I bought a Samsung SDXC uhs-1 class 10 62 GB memory card and put it straight into my 950 and it doesn't seem to have found it. I have tried several soft resets. Is a hard reset necessary? Or...?

a format on a pc couldn't hurt....exfat, and uncheck the quick format option (if using windows)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs