SuperScreen the Continuum and Docking Killer?

zagiame

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Well, guys it looks like someone made "super screen" witch is basically a tablet docking device for iOS and Android and people are actually buying the idea.
Check it for yourself and share your opinion.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brentmorgan/superscreen?ref=d2e3ui

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
So you pay $100 to add a few inches to the size of your smartphone?

Sounds like a huge waste of money to me and not remotely a competitor to Continuum.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Well, guys it looks like someone made "super screen" witch is basically a tablet docking device for iOS and Android and people are actually buying the idea.
Check it for yourself and share your opinion.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brentmorgan/superscreen?ref=d2e3ui

Generally speaking, wireless is terrible for transmitting video. It's glitchy unreliable and high latency. You really need about usb 3 speeds ideally for video.

And the product itself, which is the size of a tablet IS AS EXPENSIVE AS A TABLET (Final retail price if you read is 299 USD. You can definitely get a sweet windows 10 tablet for that price, that also has miracast receive...lol)

lol! Basically what you'd be paying for is a tablet with no processor, and a glitchy slow display. You can do the exact same, with an actual windows tablet, brought for the same price or cheaper. My current 4gb windows tablet - 250 USD, a year ago. Every modern windows 10 tablet with a basic intel GPU can do miracast receive. You can probably pick such things up for as cheap as half the price of this nonsense device.

Fool's gold. A really really bad product.

There's a fold out portable projector screen via hdmi on kickstarer that is A MUCH better idea. And would work great for windows. It's about the size of a book when folder up. Would be dope with a windows on arm mobile. PC anywhere with less bag space than a tablet.

quikmantx

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
I found out about Superscreen through Medium and I thought it was a parody of Kickstarters in general. Then I realized it was actually real. LOL.

Buying a special tablet to enlarge your phone screen is ridiculous and I'm surprised they actually got investors. Continuum isn't perfect, but it's definitely a better approach. Instead of simply zooming in on the interface, Continuum scales the interface for bigger screens. If only Microsoft put a serious effort in promoting Windows 10 Mobile.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I thought about superscreen and ten seconds later realizes what a bad experience id have. The lag has fot to be tremendous.

Sent from mTalk

larawhittaker

Nov 15, 2018
Visit site
That was not a good experience watching in Super Screen, I feel like I just wasted my money, It's not super screen at

all. almost the same with IMAX.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos