Surface 3 LTE Model . Where in the world is it??

no2apple

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Wondering when is this going to be released. MS reps have absolutely no clue... Why cant they release atleast and ETA on this.
I guess Im waiting for 3 more weeks and lose interest,,,,

seremify

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Didn't they say later this year without any specifics?

I do wonder how good it would be given the last time I had a Windows device with inbuilt LTE and it was a manual exercise to connect rather than it being always connected like an iPad with LTE. I was keen on it too at first but after thinking about this and seeing the $100+ premium, I decided to just hotspot off my iPhone or iPad, and save myself the hassle of paying for another sim card.

ftg888

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft announced in co-operation with Softbank Japan a Surface 3 LTE Version available soon
in Japan. We can guess should hit the USA LAST SUMMER EARLY FALL?

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Me too. Still waiting for an LTE version. LTE is a big plus for using a tablet. With connected stand by, an LTE tablet is very handy to use.

And hotspot is unstable at times.

But I understand that releasing LTE devices needs to get passes from government authorities - this may take months of time. Seems that Microsoft wants to understand the demand of Surface 3 wifi models before pushing the LTE models.

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I read here (Intel at MWC 2015: SoFIA, Rockchip, Low Cost Integrated LTE, Atom Renaming and 14nm Cherry Trail) that Intel x7 (and x3, x5) is made specifically for mobile, supporting LTE and other mobile technologies.

I personally am waiting for the LTE model because I can't use hotspot at work.

Didn't they say later this year without any specifics?

I do wonder how good it would be given the last time I had a Windows device with inbuilt LTE and it was a manual exercise to connect rather than it being always connected like an iPad with LTE. I was keen on it too at first but after thinking about this and seeing the $100+ premium, I decided to just hotspot off my iPhone or iPad, and save myself the hassle of paying for another sim card.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Trying to figure out how in the world I'm going to convince the Mrs. that I need a fully-stocked Surface 3 LTE ($880) to replace my lightly used Dell Venue 8 Pro ($300).

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs