Surface Book - A very expensive mistake for me

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that. Clearly, a dead device is a hardware issue. If it is under warranty, MS usually replaces things quickly & easily. I've had several Surface devices replaced over the years -- the most recent was my out of warranty Surface Pro 3, which cost me $300 to replace when it developed power issues (wouldn't boot, then when I finally got it to boot, it shut down randomly, frequently, and would just randomly restart).

Do you realize that this is a Surface Book forum & thread you're posting in? There's a whole section of Windows Central's forums for the Surface 2 here: Microsoft Surface 2 - Windows Central Forums
says the guy who also commented on the Surface 2. :grincry:

ytrewq

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Many of your concerns seem to be inherent to the device -- you don't see it as an iPad replacement or as a laptop replacement. That's not a hardware or software defect; that's just you getting a product that doesn't suit you very well. You should definitely return it and buy something that fits your needs better.

My SB is great for me. I no longer use another tablet or laptop, or even a tablet of paper. It has changed the way I work. Coming at it from that perspective, while I am annoyed that some of the glitches still haven't been resolved, they are a small price to pay for all the good this device does me. But if the device doesn't suit you to start with, then you should return it and get a more suitable device regardless of whether there are lingering hardware/software issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesseinsf