Surface Go Have inspired

KJW23

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
I have to say the Surface Go Have inspired me to start a Hardware Company. Work on Windows 10 Tablets I'm calling slate.
1 device will be a 10' Tablet comes with a pen
2 device will be an 8' Tablet for ebook and app games
3 device 7' Tablet for kids.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Not enough smaller form factor windows tablets out there. With the introduction of windows on arm as well, and windows core, and MSFTS continuing work on fully integrated inking, there's some real possibility in the smaller scale both now, and increasingly in the future.

Let us know if you get to a kickstarter or production.

Using the surface go screen, with an arm chip, in a couple of years might be a no brainer for people - because you could use their digitizer, and get a fantastic pen going.

I've always though it'd be nice to have rather than "configurations", just laptop ram slots, and an m.2 ssd slot on the smaller tablets. I've always wanted to carry "power", in a small form. Intel seems to be reaching a point where even mobile chipsets can game okay too, for that side of things.

For kids, there's a host of educational apps, and also creativity stuff to play around with.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
2 device will be an 8' Tablet for ebook and app games
, this would be interesting if it would have an option for an e-reader screen, so battery life would improved even further and it would be better to read books on it (e-ink screen is more relaxed for the eyes, reads like paper). Of course it would not be great to game on it or watch videos, but browsing would be doable (with only stutters when scrolling / changing pages).

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
What size would you start with? 10 is already too common? Maybe it's the 8 to start with? I'm unsure about a 7.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
I never really understood the benefit of 8 inch (I have had one). It is often too big for the pockets and too small for some productivity work. The non-eink screen is also not perfect for ereaders. Only as a handheld gaming device is it perfect, if the games are available. Perhaps a 4:3 8 inch like the Ipad Mini for browsing etc, but you would miss the Apple apps I guess.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I never really understood the benefit of 8 inch (I have had one). It is often too big for the pockets and too small for some productivity work. The non-eink screen is also not perfect for ereaders. Only as a handheld gaming device is it perfect, if the games are available. Perhaps a 4:3 8 inch like the Ipad Mini for browsing etc, but you would miss the Apple apps I guess.

I had an 8 inch for awhile. It was frustrating to use. Maybe with a pen, but generally, not great.

I feel like around 8-9 is the minimum for the current windows UI. Nobody makes those though, and you can still technically fit that in a large jacket pocket.

Amazon and some reader focused android devices make 8.9. Perhaps there's a market there in a "just one handable" windows device, that is also just big enough to be pleasant to use with windows 10. Pair it with a pen, and that might be pretty solid.

(My dream tiny windows device would be 8.9, have a good pen, and have laptop ram slots so you can max out the chipset's performance. Two microsd slots is something you never see, and that'd be kind of handy in a small form factor, could give it decent storage - either than or m2, if it can be fit - like the ram, there might be space limitations)

I did as you say, use my eight inch with one of those telescoping blutooth gaming pads. That wasn't bad for mobile gaming, but at that size, and power, battery life for gaming isn't great.

For smaller devices you need smaller batteries. Which means cpu's with lower power draw. None of which work well with gaming apart from really light stuff (part of why I always dream of ram slots when I think of mini-pc's and small tablets, they use crap all power).

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
, forgot about the tiny battery, that was also an issue. I do still find the idea of small windows tablet really cool, for me something like ~6/7 inch with phone-like features, a decent camera and pen support as cherry on top. :cool: (maybe one day lol)

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
, forgot about the tiny battery, that was also an issue. I do still find the idea of small windows tablet really cool, for me something like ~6/7 inch with phone-like features, a decent camera and pen support as cherry on top. :cool: (maybe one day lol)

With cshell and one core. Maybe 3-5 years?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
After trying the go in store, that size would be absolute minimum for desktop Windows.

Should just stick with full screen start/tablet mode below that

KJW23

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
I have now decided to do the 10-inch tablet and 13.5-inch Laptop. I will go with Snapdragon 850 and Always connected tablet Laptop.

1-the tablet Name with a been Slate note
2-The Laptop Name with a been Zach Laptop

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria