Surface pro 4 battery life compared to surface lap top

Island Barbie

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
My surface pro 4 is always dead and has to be plugged in. This is my third one so I know its not that I just got a bad one. Is the lap top better ?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My surface pro 4 is always dead and has to be plugged in. This is my third one so I know its not that I just got a bad one. Is the lap top better ?

What do you mean always dead? It's supposed to give you at least a couple hours on battery life.

But the surface laptop is better in terms of battery life.. it is rated at 14.5 hrs.. But as it has not been released yet we don't know how accurate these figures are..

So we need to wait till some reviews to see real life battery performance.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
island barbie, eventually rechargeable batteries cannot hold their charges and go bad so you probably need to buy a new battery.

Photonsym

May 13, 2017
Visit site
Idk personally what the difference will be but as long as you use windows wisely im sure you could get quite a bit of battery life out of the laptop. That does mean shying away from external peripherals and keeping brightness between medium and low.

Island Barbie

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I take online classes so I need it on for hours. I have only had It for maybe 3 weeks so I don't think I need a new battery. Its brand new.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I suppose surface laptop is better to use as the battery can be replaced easily.

can it be replaced easily? i would imagine its frustrating to replace on your own. its a non-removable battery so youd have to open up the bottom of the laptop to get to the battery.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Surface Laptop is supposed to come with a LOT better battery life than Surface Pro 4. Battery consumption also depends on the model that you have and the apps that you're running + screen brightness is a big deal at this high screen resolution.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Surface Laptop is supposed to come with a LOT better battery life than Surface Pro 4. Battery consumption also depends on the model that you have and the apps that you're running + screen brightness is a big deal at this high screen resolution.

hey yeah theres so many factors that go into measuring battery life, but in general its supposed to be better than surface pro 4. im sure windows 10 s will contribute to that battery life also.

overboard08

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm taking online classes on my Surface Pro 4 and my battery life has been just fine, despite 10-12 Edge tabs open, at least 3x Office programs, Drawboard PDF and a couple of Adobe epub programs from school. I can get a good 3-4 hour school session in on the weekends and still come out with 50% battery life. And I've had my Pro 4 for about 16 months now.

v/r
BMK
From Surface Pro 4

Jeffery Holderness

May 28, 2014
Visit site
So many factors but generally yes you should get better battery life out of it. I would suggest getting a dock so you can keep it plugged in when you need it for class but you don't need to have your charger with you all of the time. As long as you do most of your classes in the same place everyday.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
So many factors but generally yes you should get better battery life out of it. I would suggest getting a dock so you can keep it plugged in when you need it for class but you don't need to have your charger with you all of the time. As long as you do most of your classes in the same place everyday.

hey jeffrey. rather than buying the surface dock i think it would be better to just get a second charger instead and carry that charger around. the surface dock is good for leaving at a location but its designed for using multiple monitors and more peripherals and more expensive. if island barbie is content with using just the surface pro 4 and not needing the other things, carrying a second charger is the more convenient option.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss