Surface Pro 4, bigger or smaller screen?

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
based on Microsoft release date of Surface Pro series, the next Surface Pro will be released at February 2015 (Q1), for some no-so-accurate and only-for-view rumors, said that Surface Pro 4 has 10.6 inch screen, instead of current 12 inch screen[SUP][1][/SUP], change from Surface to Lumia[SUP][2][/SUP], which will become Microsoft Lumia Pro 4[SUP][Source needed][/SUP].

What do you think Surface Pro 4 has?
I hope it has better graphic, so it can really replace my laptop. Also cheaper keyboard :/

sources:
[1] 10.6-inch Surface Pro 4 to go into production this month, sources claim
[2] Microsoft rumored to be planning to replace 'Surface' branding with 'Lumia' | ZDNet

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
In my opinion I feel that it could definitely be very well possible MS could make it smaller, with each new release they've been making them thinner and lighter to fight the ipad while still keeping them productive by making them more and more useful as a laptop, with better kickstands and keyboards etc...It seems like the 3's whole intention seemed like it was to be like a notepad running windows, so i wouldnt be surprised if they made the screen smaller to allow it to be thinner and lighter:smile:

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Ugh I really dislike the Lumia name Surface sounds so much cooler.

I really hope their phone line will be called the X One-1, X One-2, X One-3

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Well... It depends.

I think the Surface RT, the tablet, should be reduced to 10 inches, but the Pro, the computer, should stick to its 12 inches.

And for the name, I wouldn't use Lumia for a Computer. Surface its not a friggin tablet, it's a Computer. Period.

Also, the name Surface is already out there and it's well know. Releasing a Lumia Pro? Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
For the Pro, its pretty much perfect the way it is. Any smaller, and the Type Cover will become too compressed to use.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there will be any RT devices anymore past this point. Instead, I'm leaning on two different sizes:
10.6" and ~12.5".

Latter will be 3:2, former will be 16:9. Same configuration options across both devices, but the smaller option will be a full $100 off.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
IMO seems Surface devices would be a better fit/Brand/name, It also does not make any sense at all to release SP4 before Windows 9 hits the market. 10 inch screen is also too small to do real work from on a daily basis, screen size with SP3 is about right, bigger even better.

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I suspect they'll keep it exactly the same, but with a new processor and maybe some minor hardware fixes. Y'know, like they did with the Pro 1 vs the Pro 2.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
This irks me because I recently saw an article showing that the lumia 535 was named with the numbers because the microsoft mobile head marketing person says people seemed to be attached or fond or whatever of nokias numbering system so although i would love for them to get some sense and name their phones nicely,theyre probably gonna end up using nokias ugly numbers.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
What kinda of worries me is that the new Broadwell chips may help battery life but are showing to be weaker than the current Haswell base cpu's. Im hoping Intel is hiding it's good stuff for next year and the Pro 4. Come on! Lets see more battery life AND more power AND less heat!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aalee663