Surface Studio, minidisc to HDMI, or something else?

DCTonkaTruck

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I ordered an HP Developers Edition and have been trying to use it with my Surface Studio. The display on the headset seems to drop out after about 4 minutes of use. I think there may be some issue with how the mini display port out on the surface connects to an adapter for the HDMI connector.

I have tried active vs passive adapters and have tried getting a powered switch. I have also worked with HP to exchange the unit. Anyone else have any problems? I am stuck with this unit since there were no returns to the Microsoft Store, but I have Samsung unit on order. Is this a problem with the Surface Studio?

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Daniel Rubino should know this, he has a Surface Studio at home. No idea whether he owns a MR headset, but maybe he has access to one.

DCTonkaTruck

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I think he did take delivery of an HP headset, but he was critical of the Surface Studio's video card. It is just odd all of these headsets have an HDMI connector when so many MSFT products have a miniDisplayPort out.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Often this sort of behaviour can be caused by the USB3 connection (not providing enough power I guess?). Shift to another USB3 or 3.1 port.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb