Surround vs Focus complaints

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
It maybe just because a lot more people have went with the Focus over the surround thus there are more Focus users. But it sure seems like people are having more complaints about the Focus then the Surround.

I know I love my Surround and so glad I picked it.

MarcMaiden

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Thats just how it is with samsung. Their products are good in theory, but quality is a little inconsistant. I experienced this first hand with the captivate. Mine was OK (besides the GPS) but i saw/heard horror stories

HTC is just known for no frills quality. Thats how it was, is, and will be!

subarunut

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
It is more that the focus sells something like 4 to 1 (according to the sales manager of my near by AT&T store) and that Samsung decided to add the MicroSD card slot before MS offically supports it.I would say that a good majority of the issues I have read with the Focus is when people have SD Cards installed. Though none of the issues have stopped me from adding a 32GB card to my focus.

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I love my focus I think it is the best windows phone out right now. I would of bought the surround because HTC have better quality, but the speaker is silly and makes the phone to big.

MarcMaiden

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
not sure why people say the speaker is "silly" or a "gimmick"

It is super loud, and the speaker/kick stand makes watching netflix or listening to music a very pleasant experience.

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
not sure why people say the speaker is "silly" or a "gimmick"

It is super loud, and the speaker/kick stand makes watching netflix or listening to music a very pleasant experience.

I can say that its just my own feelings towards a phone. I bought the BB torch and hated that it had moving parts. To me all they do is get loose and show wear to easy. But if anyone can pull it off it HTC they make the best quality phones right now. They do have ****ty battery life across the board in their products though.

MarcMaiden

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I can say that its just my own feelings towards a phone. I bought the BB torch and hated that it had moving parts. To me all they do is get loose and show wear to easy. But if anyone can pull it off it HTC they make the best quality phones right now. They do have ****ty battery life across the board in their products though.

Yeah thats true about the battery life...im sure the speaker doesnt help it either haha

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
whats funny is people say its too big but when comparing all 3 dimensions the surround as a whole is smaller by .19". the only dim that its larger is thickness. course the focus does have a .2" larger screen thus the bigger bulker size. LOL. but as for just the thickness the difference is a tad over a 10th of an inch making the surround 2.794mm thicker.
6.25mm = .25 of an inch to put that into perspective.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
whats funny is people say its too big but when comparing all 3 dimensions the surround as a whole is smaller by .19". the only dim that its larger is thickness. course the focus does have a .2" larger screen thus the bigger bulker size. LOL. but as for just the thickness the difference is a tad over a 10th of an inch making the surround 2.794mm thicker.
6.25mm = .25 of an inch to put that into perspective.

I don't know man. 6 millimeters I can deal with, but that extra .794 millimeters.... that's just over the top.

:p

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i had both phones but i returned the HTC for the FOCUS

reason for this is simple

- i dont NEED the speak ( i have to admit its a cool concept )

- the focus screen looks better ( i find )

- and the SAMOLED can take a BEATING , meaning the chances of BREAKIGN phisicly your focus are ALOT smaler then the HTC . and considering im not carefull with my 700$ equipement lol it was good for me :p

- SAMOLED = 30% more battery life then any other touch screen on market . require less power ,

thats just me

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well atlease my over-saturated screen it still better then your FADED screen , haha

im not really good with that scrabble thing , lol !!

why cant we just all get along and play `` Crack Down 2`` !!! lol

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I'll take the "faded" more natural colors in exchange for cleaner unpixelated lines and images a brighter whites. The only thing the amoled has on us is darker blacks and greater viewing angles. And weird thing is I'm looking right at my screen right now thus more viewing angle isn't needed.

Hit me up on Crackdown. I've probably got you beat at this time. SlactionJackson is my handle.

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Just be happy that your speaker slides and and that they put my old bmx kickstand on your phone. Cause we all know that there is nothing better than being able to prop up your 3.8 inch screen while blasting some 80's rap.

mellytime

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Focus My choice

While I used the Focus for about 10 days I returned it due to the poor camera quality and terrible placement of the power & volume buttons. If holding the phone in your hand facing you when you power on the device you are also pressing the volume button on the left. To me that became fustrating so going from Android's Galaxy S phone ( captivate ) to the Focus seemed like a great Idea, not so the button layout proved horrible. So to continue to give Windows Phone a chance I went with the Surround. Personaly I think that the button layout is perfect and I STILL get the dedicated camera button just no SD slot but who cares it's a witch to use it anyway. I like the speaker No it's not necessary but if you like movies and travel alot it's nice to be able to hear things clearly.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb