Tempered glass screen protector

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
It's going to have to wait till I can get my desktop up and running.I can't upload photos for some reason tonite.

Sorry

Mac

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to get some pictures to post,but can't get them off my phone into photo bucket

What's the best way to do this with WP on this forum..

clicking on manage attachments does nothing..

Mac

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
OK...I hope this works..had to use a different computer and IE 10 for some reason...totally wierd..This is in the Insepio NFG case btw..
The curve of the screen shows up well ...as so does all the lint (sorry)

It doesn't cover it completely as you can see...but does cover it well enough.

The feel is exactly like a bare screen,super slick and has no bubbles under it as far as I can see. Sensitiviy is excellent..just like a bare screen..so I don't know what else to say except it is worth the wait and cash..

I'll try to add a few more pictures of what comes in the package as soon as I get them downloaded

I'm having to down load these from the locker to my phone then upload them to photobucket..cause today I had the ATT store restore my phone back to 8.0 WP..from the Developers Preview...I had a few issues that kept me from keeping it..so another full reset and it was all back to stock..

Mac

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You just made everyone's day Mac. Hehehe. Quick question though, in the second pic wherein you mention it doesn't totally cover the screen, do you mean like the sides and edges are "lifted" from the screen a bit or are they still flat and flushed to the phone's glass? I encircled the part where I'm a bit concerned as it seems the edges don't touch the screen fully
temporary-2.jpg

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
You just made everyone's day Mac. Hehehe. Quick question though, in the second pic wherein you mention it doesn't totally cover the screen, do you mean like the sides and edges are "lifted" from the screen a bit or are they still flat and flushed to the phone's glass? I encircled the part where I'm a bit concerned as it seems the edges don't touch the screen fully
View attachment 64233

It's slightly raised where the curve falls off to the bezel.You can see the line where the curve starts if you enlarge the picture.You don't really notice it when the screen is on though.

Here's what comes in the package.................

You get the glass screen,a hard plastic squeegy,a anti static lint remover(blue package) and a moisten towelett.

I didn't need the squeegy at all..The glass screen has only 1 side to remove the plastic from,and that is the side you stick down.I just removed the phone from the case,powered down,cleaned the bare screen really good,then used the anti static tape (blue package) to stick on the screen as best as I could...it's very stickey so don't try to wipe it,stick it on and pull it off like using most other types of tape.I lined everything up for a dry run before removing the plastic off of it,and found lining it up with the bottom was best for my tired old eyes..It did leave more exposed on the top,but it still looks good and my fingers are always hitting the bottom of the screen anyways.

Once I was sure of it's positioning,I removed the plastic covering and holding it flush on the sides with my index and middle fingers,starting it down from the bottom pushing in the center of the sheild onto the display,making sure it was centered good.I did pull it up 1 time because I was off a little more and it suffered no ill effects since it wasn't pressed down hard. Once down,it was easy as pie to remove the few bubbles under it pushing them out with finger pressure only.

It's been on now for a couple days and it is without a doubt very good quality and should last a long long time.I needed this because of my job having to crawl in ceilings,under floors inside equipment so with the Insepio case on it being carried inside my horizontal carry PDair case...

It is well protected and rides very nice...the guys at work claim I'm carrying around a "Big Screen TV " on my hip..but it doesn't feel obtrusive at all and rides well out of the way.It rides much better with out the Insepio for sure,cause it does add some bulk to it that wasn't designed for it,but the elastic sides accomodates it very well..as you can see I've already have a few scratches on the leather.

Hope this helps,it's a good screen protector as far as I can see,and not too expensive or that long of wait. The case is expensive btw..but,in my line of work protecting a healthy investment of the phone is worth every penny.

Mac

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the review and all Mac. Helps really to make a decision on this

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I got a little lost.
Does the tempered glass screen hang over the curve or does it apply only to the flat portion of the screen? I can't zoom in on your pic either. It looks like it hangs slightly over the curves but I can't really tell.

If I read properly, the glass hangs over the curved part?

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Sorry I got a little lost.
Does the tempered glass screen hang over the curve or does it apply only to the flat portion of the screen? I can't zoom in on your pic either. It looks like it hangs slightly over the curves but I can't really tell.

If I read properly, the glass hangs over the curved part?

Yes but it isn't noticable with the screen on. No one I know of is making one that will fit perfectly yet,so till they do this one works excellent.

Mac

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey Mac, I came across something in aliexpress for a song. Hopefully the wait isn't too long. Gonna give it a shot. Nice to see we're getting options now for our device

Sonsebelhamasun

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I got mine today. Packaging was good, no scratches or anything. There was a protection film on one side of the glass. I thought this side has to be on the screen. Pulled it of and installed the glass on my screen. No dust or anything underneath.

But it is too big, it hangs over the curves. This may affect the camera in the front. First I thought, I installed it the wrong way, because it looks like the round edges of the glass are facing my screen. But I'm not sure... what do you guys think?

WP_20140426_003.jpgWP_20140426_005.jpgWP_20140426_006.jpgWP_20140426_007.jpg

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I see that's of a different brand as what Mac has. Probably different as well from what I ordered. Can't wait for the delivery of what I got

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
First I thought, I installed it the wrong way, because it looks like the round edges of the glass are facing my screen. But I'm not sure... what do you guys think?

As far as I can see for these pictures, the size seams to be right, but the installation is not perfect. You have left more space on the top and left side. But it's too late to move it now, you will probably get some dust and bobbles.

After installing 3 cheap screen-protectors, my experience is that: It's not easy to align it perfectly, and get all bobbles out too, on such a HUGE screen. But moving it after first attempt will only add more problems.

I Think the size is right, but the installation was not a perfect one.

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I personally think the size is wrong...
It's too big, even if you move it left/right/up/down. It's the fact that we have what Nokia calls "2.5d glass". The slight curvature will always create a minor issue with screen protectors.

If this was exactly the size of the flat-glass and doesn't overhang I think it would be perfect.. but that's just me.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99