Ten disappointing things about Windows 10 :(

thomasguariano1

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 sucks big time it messed up my computer i would like to get my original factory installed windows 8.0 back can somebody out their help me do this?

badwiring

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Funny, I read the post and missed that word. It's okay if you had trouble reading it and didn't get a single word, but don't brag about it. Maybe try a larger font.

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
What a bunch of moaners. There's nothing wrong with windows 10.

You nailed it, man! Same thing with Windows 8.0 ? it was beyond perfect. The only reason it was a market failure was that so many Windows users are misguided dolts. Didn?t Steve Jobs once say that the customers don?t know what they don?t want until you put it in front of them? Or something like that. Windows 10 may continue this Microsoft tradition (think Zune) of zeroing in unerringly on what customers don?t want. Win10 suffers only because not all users appreciate its deep, inner beauty.

milanovic123

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Simple tasks such as using the Control Panel and Search Bar for lost files on my computer is now a rigmerole. In order to have some semblance of easy access so many of these basic buttons require setups. These were standard buttons on all past windows versions but not on 10. Someone at Microsoft seems to have applied a lot of personal assumptions and not enough consumer research. Perhaps Politics is a better vocation.

Ducky Pinder

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
There are Mac people and there are PC people. Mac people like to play games, are disorganized, wing it and like to be hip. PC people are serious, have no interest in wasting their time playing games, work/do their jobs, want a tool to do their jobs efficiently and don't care about being hip. Windows 7 was the the ultimate PC operating system. Windows 8 and 10 are a pathetic attempt to be like Mac. What are you trying to do Microsoft, lose your faithful followers??

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
There are Mac people and there are PC people. Mac people like to play games, are disorganized, wing it and like to be hip. PC people are serious, have no interest in wasting their time playing games, work/do their jobs, want a tool to do their jobs efficiently and don't care about being hip. Windows 7 was the the ultimate PC operating system. Windows 8 and 10 are a pathetic attempt to be like Mac. What are you trying to do Microsoft, lose your faithful followers??
Windows 10? Like Mac OS? 😂😂😂😂

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Windows 20,like windows 8is windows 7 with tiles. I have yet to see anything windows 10 prevent me from using my pc like windows 7.

Besides who are they going to lose them to? Mac? Chromebooks?

Oh no wait. Linux.

BayJayZus

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by Ducky Pinder

What planet are you living on?

Can I just point out (as a previous layabout hipster Mac user) that I actually purchased a Windows 10 PC and ended up playing games on it as the operating system is way too flaky for me to use it as a production machine. I don't suppose that you realised that there are very few games available on OSX? The PC obviously also has a substantially larger gaming community?

Despite coming from the creative industries (which historically are reliant upon extremely professional people and well paid people who use Macs) I also recently bought a windows Tablet and windows Phone and despite both originally being on Windows 8 I upgraded them to windows 10 (and regretted it almost immediately).

My own conclusion is that Windows 10 is only suitable for desktop PCs, not tablets or phones and then in my experience it only really excels when used for gaming.

Last edited:

Ahy Nonimous

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
While I'd agree that, based on Ducky's "Mac people like to play games" comment, he really doesn't know much about Macs, I'll say the same thing about you and your Windows 10 experience level. To say that it's "only suitable for desktop PCs" is ludicrous. It shifts seamlessly between desktop and tablet modes, and it's infinitely configurable in either realm. I'd recommend that you dig deeper in your attempts to customize the Win10 OS experience that works best for you before you ban it solely to the desktop.

Finally, what exactly makes one an "extremely professional" person, as opposed to a professional who's not quite qualified to be labeled a pro in the "extreme" sense, LOL?

Last edited:

IrishBoy0113

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I made Windows 10 much more bearable by using Stardock apps such as WindowBlinds10, Start10, and Fences3 to customize it to my liking. A much better overall visual and user experience, at least to me. I have both a Mac mini and a customized CyberPowerPC. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages. I am a little more productive on my mini, and of course the PC is much more suited for gaming and other graphics intensive tasks.

IrishBoy0113

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Sadly, it's not free...

True, but worth every penny. Right now the complete Object Desktop package of apps is on sale for 50% off @ $24.99. You can also get a free 30-day trial on most of the individual programs to see if it's something you really want or need. Just some food for thought. :smile:

InsensatePopulace

Jan 4, 2019
Visit site
can the next version of windows just have a basic UI, no cortana, notification sidebar, no flashy BS that rotates, and flips, and has "ooooo prettyyyyy" glass/shadows etc....in a mocked up overly complicated menu? seriously, i like to use my system for work, and for games. i do not want commercials for other ****e you are selling, i want to be able to navigate to my hardware/software settings within 2 clicks, i would also prefer my "search" at the bottom left to search the computer, not the internet...

we should have a readily available and functional option to turn off this trash that either A. consumes resources or B. just looks....i dunno like something a person who is mostly a "mobile" user would enjoy because they have never actually used a device other than a smartphone

thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte