The 1520 butchered my concert video recordings

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Seems ok so far, will do longer vids tomorrow and check......my issue is the poor performance of the camera itself and more so the noise filled videos...low light is horrible.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I recorded a whole concert last night and while the audio quality was amazing, all the videos lag and skip throughout, almost like there's missing frames here in there . Does anyone know why the video would lag and skip like that? I'm so ticked off about it that I'm thinking of returning this thing.

Do the videos play fine on the computer?

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I have this: Transcend 32Gb microSDHC Class 10 (Premium)

It should have 20Mb/s read and 17Mb/s write. Dunno if ti's enough for 1080p@30fps since one of my test videos shows 19247kbs transfer rate. Time will tell. Should have gone to UHS-I rating card since it was only 7? more.

gerke

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Transcend I will never use again, horrible performance and corruption. Use PNY and Samsung in stead, slightly cheaper than Sandisk but very reliable

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Guys, THE SD CARD IS NOT THE ISSUE.

This issue was even shown in Nokia's own Demo video for the 1020! The helicopter flyover video. 1020 doesn't have SD Card slot. ;)

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Beyond this, turn off gimmicky 24fps. Low frame rates will only add to stutter.

People don't realize, your display need to be setup to handle 24fps for most sources. More than likely, whatever you're watching it in just converts it to 30fps and then doubles it for a 60hz refresh rate. Basically, unless you are recording to Bluray disc's or you have your PC to actually output 24fps (why? Lol) your not going to benefit. Beyond that, you still need a newer display that can actually support 24fps (refreshes at 48/72/96/120/240hz) and not just convert it to 30fps.

/endrant

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Beyond this, turn off gimmicky 24fps. Low frame rates will only add to stutter.

People don't realize, your display need to be setup to handle 24fps for most sources. More than likely, whatever you're watching it in just converts it to 30fps and then doubles it for a 60hz refresh rate. Basically, unless you are recording to Bluray disc's or you have your PC to actually output 24fps (why? Lol) your not going to benefit. Beyond that, you still need a newer display that can actually support 24fps (refreshes at 48/72/96/120/240hz) and not just convert it to 30fps.

/endrant

Any modern TV should be able to display video at 24fps, and as that's the frame rate for traditional film content, you might get a 'filmic' look. But indeed if you're playing back via a PC or phone, even to a proper TV, it will probably be converted to 50 or 60fps and look bad.
If your TV can play content from USB stick or DLNA, you could try one of those methods, and 24fps video should look much better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb