The infamous Resuming screen, any chance Windows 10 for phone gonna fix that?

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: The infamous "Resuming" screen, any chance windows 10 for "phone" gonna fix that

I have no resuming on start screen with 925. When I updated to cyan I flashed phone.
I get very brief "loading" and "resuming" screens while using Skype, WhatsApp, and Flipboard.

Same here, though Xbox music (ugh) and Lumia camera get the resuming screen so often.

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Having Cortana pinned to the start screen can cause lag/resuming. This is a known issue.
Having a live lockscreen app can also slow down your start screen as it reallocates the resources it was using

I don't even use a live lock screen and I would have tried unpinning Cortana but as Johnny Tremaine has pointed out, much to my guess, it doesn't solve it. I'll just have to bear it and see how W10 pans out on this.

fluffyowl

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: The infamous "Resuming" screen, any chance windows 10 for "phone" gonna fix that

Turning my Lumia 1020 off and on again seems to solve all the resuming and loading problems.... for about a week. Then it starts to bog down so much so that apps start "Loading..." and crash before it even gets a chance to open. It IS cumbersome to restart my phone every week but after the restart its buttery smooth. Apps open instantly and im very happy. :D

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Is it true "resuming..." is gone in W10?

I read in a forum (not here) that someone installed W10 on his 520, and he says that resuming screen is no more, suggesting "true multitasking" or "save state of app to ram" is implemented. Is it true? Can someone with 520 or any 512MB phone with W10 confirm this?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is it true "resuming..." is gone in W10?

It's not gone, well completely. Instead it shows the accent colored screen for a second or two and then the app loads, something tells me Microsoft is going to change the load animation from the resuming screen to something more appealing

IgorVysoky

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is it true "resuming..." is gone in W10?

Well I haven't had a single resuming screen on my Lumia 520 with w10 but they're are long loadings. But without any loading either. It's still very laggy and early build though

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yenofenny