The Official "ADD FOR DESTINY" thread

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Got to level 6 last night. Could this game play anymore like HALO? I think i like it, jury is still out if im going to buy it or not. So many good games this fall, im going to have to budget myself. Trying not to get more then 3, here's to hoping for some great black friday game sales.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
So, I hit level 8 (beta cap) last night. I enjoy it. It's fun. But, now after hitting the cap I'm thinking, "What do I do/can I do now?" In the PvP multiplayer stuff is there another mode besides control? I don't like control/hardpoint mode on this game for some reason and I still think the enemy players are a little more difficult to separate from my teammates...

I would say that this game reminds me of a mix between the following games...

Halo
Borderlands
Mass Effect
Too Human

That last one is really weird, but I can't help but think of it while in the Tower.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
my friend and I did catch what we think might be a bug though...

We joined a party together and couldn't hear anything from one another. Turns out - when playing this game you need to the party app snapped. If you switch it to game chat it works fine (but is not as loud). Really really annoying.

Last edited:

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, they said for it to work properly you'll need to EXIT Destiny (Menu on Destiny via Start Screen and click QUIT) Start the party app and UNSNAP it BEFORE you open Destiny. DO NOT open it during destiny and it should work. It's a stupid fix, but they said the party system in destiny interferes with the native XBO client.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm at level 6 or 7, and all I can say is that my opinion on this game has gotten worse. For starters, everything about the PvP is bad, IMO. I was forced to play a round, and it felt like the weapon balance just hasn't been even considered. I didn't intend to PvP when I decided to try a burst rifle, but it loses most gun fights for me. That, and the car weapons are too strong, and the AI voice is REALLY annoying. I think I've done about 5 missions, and I've yet to get any sense of what the story is here. It also feels too linear. We're supposed to be in an MMO, and we get a specific mission each time, and it can all be done easily by one's self, making it the most anti-social MMO I've played. Normally, you'd see an MMO involve travel, but everything seems to be fast-travel and lonely because of it.

I don't know, I just feel like this is a game that needs another year of work or something. I just don't think that this could become good in the 6 weeks prior to launch. It doesn't feel like an MMO, it's got a seemingly aimless story, and the PvP is unbalanced. I can't find a redeeming quality to the MMO aspects.

What I will say feels good for an MMO shooter is what you can do. As one who felt like Defiance was too straightforward to be called a traditional MMO, I get the feel of WoW playing this a little, just from how many abilities I can use. I can use my primary, special, or heavy. I can throw a knife or do a traditional melee. I have my magical gun ability thing. It just feels like a proper MMO in those rare instances where a bunch of Hive enemies charge you. The one instance I felt like it was done properly was on maybe the fifth mission, when the Hive ships come in, and the people start swarming you. I liked being able to hit one with a throwing knife, shoot a bit, pop my magical gun thing, go to my special, shoot a little, go to my heavy to get the Wizard away, then back to my primary. It's not perfect, but it felt MMO-like to just start using a bunch of different things in a row like that.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm not at my xbox one at the moment, but I had (what I think is) a pretty cool recording from Destiny last night. It's from what I presume is the 'instance' dungeon Destiny and beating the 'last' guy (why it is who it is, I have no idea...) I got him with a rocket to the face as the final hit :). search my gameclips at my screenname on xbox - techpastorm to see it :).

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm at level 6 or 7, and all I can say is that my opinion on this game has gotten worse. For starters, everything about the PvP is bad, IMO. I was forced to play a round, and it felt like the weapon balance just hasn't been even considered. I didn't intend to PvP when I decided to try a burst rifle, but it loses most gun fights for me. That, and the car weapons are too strong, and the AI voice is REALLY annoying. I think I've done about 5 missions, and I've yet to get any sense of what the story is here. It also feels too linear. We're supposed to be in an MMO, and we get a specific mission each time, and it can all be done easily by one's self, making it the most anti-social MMO I've played. Normally, you'd see an MMO involve travel, but everything seems to be fast-travel and lonely because of it.

I don't know, I just feel like this is a game that needs another year of work or something. I just don't think that this could become good in the 6 weeks prior to launch. It doesn't feel like an MMO, it's got a seemingly aimless story, and the PvP is unbalanced. I can't find a redeeming quality to the MMO aspects.

What I will say feels good for an MMO shooter is what you can do. As one who felt like Defiance was too straightforward to be called a traditional MMO, I get the feel of WoW playing this a little, just from how many abilities I can use. I can use my primary, special, or heavy. I can throw a knife or do a traditional melee. I have my magical gun ability thing. It just feels like a proper MMO in those rare instances where a bunch of Hive enemies charge you. The one instance I felt like it was done properly was on maybe the fifth mission, when the Hive ships come in, and the people start swarming you. I liked being able to hit one with a throwing knife, shoot a bit, pop my magical gun thing, go to my special, shoot a little, go to my heavy to get the Wizard away, then back to my primary. It's not perfect, but it felt MMO-like to just start using a bunch of different things in a row like that.

My hope is that since its only a beta we are just getting a 'sprinkling' of what is to come. I'll probably end of getting this game (and because of my best buy credit card to simply buy gas and groceries I'll get it for free) simply because my friends will be playing it.

As I mentioned in the dungeon I was in last night with two random people (its in the center of the map once you hit level 6/7 I believe) I have no idea why I was doing what I was doing except there were bad guys that needed to be handled appropriately and mercilessly, haha. Of course, I didn't care about the story in Borderlands 1/2 either, it was fun to play and I have fun playing this game as well. I just need to start getting some good 'loot' I keep getting common stuff and green stuff. Nothing higher than that.

Also - the loot drops and ammo drops are too similar looking and colored...

zhris

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Tried it for about an hour before work... didn't get into the MMO mechanics a lot, but the combat feels almost sluggish... kinda like Halo with a bad lag. It's not the speed that gets me (I think it's about as fast as Titanfall, and I enjoy that), there's just something that makes me feel like the movement is artifically slow. That, and the recoil on the few weapons I've found is crazy bad... have to use *very* short bursts. ( :

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
The BETA is officially open to ANYONE! No pre-order needed. Also help bungie stress test servers tomorrow at 2pm PST and get a special on gamble that carries over to launch. All you have to do is login and play! Also, the Iron Banner tournament is live in the crucible!

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Looking for people to play with at 2pm PST. The Moon will be unlocked and I really wanna go in depth and explore it!

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Well it's official. I'm lost and don't know what to do with Life after Destiny. Basically it goes like this..

WORK - THINK ABOUT DESTINY - SLEEP

Here's something to look forward to, NEW INFORMATION! :D

Crucible Maps

- Earth -
Twilight Gap
Rusted Lands
Exodus Blue

- Moon -
First Light
The Anomaly

- Mars -
Bastion
Firebase Delphi
Blind Watch

- Venus -
Asylum
Shores of Time

- Mercury -
The Burning Shrine

(All maps include Clash, Skirmish, Rumble, Control, and Salvage game modes)

Crucible Game Types

Trials of Osiris (Skirmish): 3v3
You have caught the eye of Osiris. Venture to Mercury and prove yourself as one of the Crucible?s elite. Only the worthy may face the Trials of Osiris, for only the worthy are strong enough to endure what is to come. A string of victories will earn great rewards ? but lose three times and you?re out.

Iron Banner: 6v6
Champions are born in battle. Prove your might and earn the respect of the Lords of Iron.

The Grand Arena (Rumble): 3v3
Prove your merit to the New Monarchy in pure combat. You against all. Hone your Light by challenging your fellow Guardians in a fight for survival.

Dead Sectors (Control): 6v6
Dead Orbit desires new territories to expand their reach beyond the City. Fight for control of strategic battle zones. Hold your ground to gain the momentum.

Ancient Relics (Salvage): 3v3
The Arachs of Dead Orbit covet rare artifacts. Secure and defend the Relics to claim the secrets of our past.

Executor?s Challenge (Skirmish): 3v3
New Monarchy seeks those capable of reclaiming the frontier, one battle at a time. A focused engagement between two fireteams. Teamwork is your greatest weapon.

Eternal War (Clash): 6v6
The Future War Cult seeks champions who can face the inexorable future. Form an alliance and fight for supremacy across the ruins of our old worlds.

Machines of War (Combined Arms): 6v6
Heed the call of the Future War Cult and master war on a massive scale. Coordinate vehicles and your ground game to control the battlefield and rout your opponents.

The Tower will remain the only social area for now.

Exploration Areas

Venus @ Ishtar Sink

Earth @ Old Russia

Moon @ Sea of Storms

Mars @ Meridian Bay

(This hints that soon there will be more than just ONE are per map, ex. Old Chicago was hinted previously for Earth)

Raids

- Venus -
Vault of Glass (levels 27, 30, 31)
(More to be added with Expansions)

Story Missions

- Earth -
A Guardian Rises (level 1)
Restoration (levels 2, 5)
The Dark Within (levels 3, 6)
The Warmind (levels 4, 7)
The Last Array (levels 5, 8)

- Moon -
The Dark Beyond (levels 6, 9)
The Sword of Crota (levels 7, 10)
The World?s Grave (levels 7, 10)
Shrine of Oryx (levels 8, 11)
Chamber of Night (levels 8, 11)

- The Reef (Asteroid Belt) -
The Awoken (level 10)
A Key Awaits (level 12)
(Hinting @ Ship use in game!)

- Venus -
A Stranger?s Call (levels 10, 12)
Ishtar Collective (levels 10, 12)
The Archive (levels 11, 13)
Scourge of Winter (levels 11, 13)
Eye of a Gate Lord (levels 12, 14)

- Mars -
Exclusion Zone (levels 15, 17)
The Garden?s Spire (levels 16, 18)
A Rising Tide (levels 17, 19)
The Buried City (levels 17, 19)
The Black Garden (levels 18, 20)

Story Challenges

- Earth -
The Queen?s Wrath (Kill Order; level 24)
(More to be added with Expansions)

Strikes

- Random -
Vanguard Eagle launches a random strike at level 18
Vanguard Viper launches a random strike at level 20
Vanguard Wolf launches a random strike at level 22
Vanguard Tiger launches a random strike at level 24

[SIZE=4- [B]Earth[/B] -[/SIZE]
Nightfall: The Devils? Lair (levels 22, 26, 28)
The Devils? Lair (levels 6, 8)

- Moon -
Nightfall: The Summoning Pits (levels 22, 26, 28)
The Summoning Pits (level 12)

- Venus -
Nightfall: The Nexus (levels 22, 26, 28)
Nightfall: Winter?s Run (levels 22, 26, 28)
The Nexus (level 14)
Winter?s Run (level 14)

- Mars -
Nightfall: Cerberus Vae III (levels 22, 26, 28)
Cerberus Vae III (level 18)
Dust Palace (level 18)
Note: The ?Nightfall? strikes may open up for limited times on rotation, rather than being available at all times.

Items @ Launch
262 Helmets
178 Chest Armor
217 Class Items
244 Gauntlets
181 Leg Armor
169 Primary Weapons
120 Special Weapons
85 Heavy Weapons
74 Ships

(These are JUST rumors that were "data mined")

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I care nothing for the crucible. A EXTREMELY small portion of my time was spent in that place. I'm more gonna be PvE with friends in this. This looks like my "Next Game" though. That means probably my next game to take my 100% focus. It's crazy the connection I had with this and I know I wasn't alone. Twitter is filled with people saying "What Next, what other game can I possibly play after destiny?" and I'm the same way. Literally nothing I start up gets me ever entertained now. I just want the beta to come back. Oh well back off to the Bungie forums, I hear there's a Destiny Withdrawal support group that's already around 1k post in a mere few hours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte