The Official "Halo: TMCC" Thread

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
2j42ici.png

E3 2014 Announcement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bs9k0PZhwQ
Today at E3 Microsoft showed a preview and announced the next step in the Halo franchise. On November 11th, 2014 343 Industries will release the four numbered Halo games with original intact multiplayer and hot swap campaigns (old & new) complete will full Matchmaking support for the Next Gen console, the Xbox One! This is a huge moment for people of all ages to join in as well as catch up for the chapter in the franchise Halo: Guardians! This re-release of classics also includes a lot of bonus features, as well as keeping some of the classic elements that made the game interesting, let's try and list some below!

Classic Multiplayer for ALL w/ 1080p & 60 FPS & Dedicated Servers
This means HD quality gameplay with buttery smoothness all in a high quality re-mastered state the way Halo was imagined! No holds bar, all power on into the Next Gen as we see Halo through the windows of the future! All physics and multiplayer are true to the core!
[sup]_________________[/sup]

$60 Price Tag for One Bundle; 4 Games w/ ALL released DLC
Four great games with ALL the included DLC + Extras for one standard price! A great deal even for CAG's!

45 Campaign (ALL) & 50 Spartan Op Missions (H4) w/ 4,000 Gamerscore spanning across all four games
You get to experience ALL of the original Campaign as well as the original Spartan Ops missions from the latest Halo 4! While you're at it join the Hunt for the achievements as each re-mastered version includes 1k Gamerscore!

New Terminals and intro/outro's to cut scenes detailing the next step in the Halo franchise
New Termials hidden throughout H2, H3, and H4 will detail fragments of the future in the Halo universe, similar to how Halo CE Anniversary shined insight on the future of Halo 4! With this they're also including unique new cut scenes shedding light even further into the future of the franchise!

93 Competitive Maps spanning all four games & 6 completely re-imagined maps
All maps have been re-mastered to fill the role fit for the re-mastered classics! New details, better shadows, smooth lighting and high quality textures will all play a role to immerse you into the wonderfully chaotic world of Halo! You'll feel the action in a new perspective with 6 completely re-imagined maps as well!

Custom Games & Split Screen w/ LAN being worked on, not guaranteed
Play any of the original Halos the way you want with the widely popular Custom Games options! Mini Games including Lava Man, Jenga, and Duck Hunter can all be recreated in any of your favoriteHalo Games! Also be sure to play with your friends as Halo includes local split screen so you can talk that trash directly to your friends face and show them really who's boss!

Classic Gameplay stays and Glitches live on
You heard it right, all the Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3 & Halo 4 gameplay stays as is. No change, no crap. Play what you like - how you like. Classic Halo CE (Dub Melee, Backpack Reload & more), Halo 2 (BXR, BXB, RRX & Super Bouncing) so get out there and play how you want, when you want!

Forge & Theatre included in Halo 2, Halo 3, & Halo 4 & Universal Map w/ Game Voting in each game
Let your imagination run wild as you create and edit the maps as you see fit! From small tweaks to small worlds, with Halo's unique map editor (Forge) you can make what you want, when you want it! Create competitive maps to see if it gets accepted by the Professional Community, recreate classic landmarks, or build the biggest cannon to blast warthogs at unexpecting Spartans! The choice is yours when you're the Creator!
Includes Halo 5 Beta Key & the entire new series Halo: Nightfall
Be sure to the buy The Master Chief Collection or you'll be left out of the opening BETA for the upcoming Halo: Guardians multiplayer! Join us and see what the next battlefield looks like for the Guardians! New Maps, New Gametypes, New Weapons, New Abilities and more! Anything is possible when the universe advances! Also catch the entire brand new Halo: Nightfall live action series produced by Ridley Scott (Alien, Blade Runner)

.:Update:.
July 15th
RTX Update, More Campaign Gameplay, & Coagulation is the SECOND confirmed remastered Halo 2 map! The first map confirmed was Ascension. Also, Zanzibar is rumored with almost all certainty. More Gameplay has been released also since my last update.
.:Update:.
July 29th
SDCC Update, Zanzibar is the third confirmed remade map, video below containing Remastered Art. Halo Nightfall trailer shown!
Cairo Station Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdaXMlFXiPY
Full RTX '14 Panel
ALOT of news, visuals, menu system and overall good info + Coagulation Art.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1a1FzQ3bdQ
Halo Nightfall First Look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw2oqtZoc8s
Full SDCC '14 Panel
A lot of nostalgia, info about menus + Zanzibar Art!
(Key Points: 21:27 ZANZIBAR | 32:40 BLUR Remastering | 45:08 BLURs latest footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUGrnvdo8Ok

.:UPDATE:.
August 12th
Games COMM news reveals ORIGNAL Halo 2 Ranking system complete with a remastered Graphical Overhaul! Also reveals Sanctuary as the fourth map!

Gamescom 2014
Halo Channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0XgIEQ8NR8

Halo: Guardians Multiplayer First Look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnMKTl9VhJU

Sanctuary First Look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odsa3YY7fj4

Halo 2 Remastered Ranking System
ygaryma4.jpg

.:UPDATE:.
August 28th
GameSpot releases exclusive first look at the next map installment of the Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer!
GameSpot Exclusive
Lockout Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtcTwVhfLQY

Last edited:

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
You forgot to point out some BIG points:

- Comes with Halo: Nightfall live-action series
- Comes with Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta
- $60 for all 4 games

I'll probably need people to play with, though I should AT LEAST have my brother-in-law to play with. I'm excited to see the way they implemented this, allowing you to mix and match multiplayer experiences as you please, really cool idea. The only way it could have been better is if they had an "everything" playlist, where you could get any game type on any map from any game. I miss Assault from Halo 2, so I would have appreciated making it series-wide.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
No, this is done with Ridley Scott (Alien, Blade Runner). The series you're thinking of is done in collaboration with Steven Spielberg, and is due out around the time Halo 5 is.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
No, this is done with Ridley Scott (Alien, Blade Runner). The series you're thinking of is done in collaboration with Steven Spielberg, and is due out around the time Halo 5 is.

Ok, that's makes sense them. I imagine it'll be a mini-series like what came out for Ryse.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
You forgot to point out some BIG points:

- Comes with Halo: Nightfall live-action series
- Comes with Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta
- $60 for all 4 games

I'll probably need people to play with, though I should AT LEAST have my brother-in-law to play with. I'm excited to see the way they implemented this, allowing you to mix and match multiplayer experiences as you please, really cool idea. The only way it could have been better is if they had an "everything" playlist, where you could get any game type on any map from any game. I miss Assault from Halo 2, so I would have appreciated making it series-wide.
We don't know details yet, but more gametypes might be added if popular. Hopefully they do, I would also love to play some Halo 2 on Guardian, Pit, Narrows, Construct, Haven etc. Not sure if that'll be possible! Hoping for more info though! Also, missed key features because I posted first chance I got to recover from the feels of the announcement (halfway through work) so I did it fast as I was busy! I updated though!

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Also my thoughts. EXCITED. Never been more excited. I don't know what to do, I didn't expect live, untouched RAW multiplayer with a 1-50 rank. This is amazing and I've never felt so happy for a game in my life. Halo 2 AE is LIFE! OMFG YES!!!!! So Damn Excited! MLG, Team Doubles, Hardcore, all the damn button glitches, and SUPER BOUNCES! GAHHH like a kid on Christmas (Yes I preordered roughly 6 minutes after the announcement on Amazon! :D)

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I memntioned to my wife that I was pretty interested in this and she (the voice of logic and reason for me... haha) said, "Why? You own all those games already..." Yeah...but... not all on the same system and not all with the updated graphics and ability to switch between them at will :).

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not going to pre-order because:

1. In-store pre-order bonuses will likely arise.
2. There aren't game shortages in 2014.
3. Most stores are fine with letting you buy at midnight without a pre-order, I think.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
What has me sold on this is ALL the multiplayer maps are here. Man, the nastaligia of playing on maps such as Lockout, Ivory Tower, Valhalla, and The Pit will be so much win.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm not going to pre-order because:

1. In-store pre-order bonuses will likely arise.
2. There aren't game shortages in 2014.
3. Most stores are fine with letting you buy at midnight without a pre-order, I think.
Fair enough. I'm a Halo head so anything Halo I jump on especially Halo 2. I dint really care for any pre order bonuses or deals seeing as I would pay $100 just for original Halo 2 matchmaking w/ glitches and all in a heart beat w/o any re-mastering. That's all I'm really excited for lol.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I memntioned to my wife that I was pretty interested in this and she (the voice of logic and reason for me... haha) said, "Why? You own all those games already..." Yeah...but... not all on the same system and not all with the updated graphics and ability to switch between them at will :).
My wife was understanding instantly, then she realized it didn't have Reach and that's her favorite. Now she's kinda sad. Lol, but yeah I can't wait, it'll go great with my two original Halo CE and one HALO CE Anniversary, three Halo 2 (Xbox) and Halo 2 Vista (PC) and Halo 2 Map Pack disc, my two Halo 3 and one ODST, and my one Halo 4. 😍 soooo excited.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
It also saddens me that this is named the Master Chief collection. It gives the hint that Halo 5 is probably the transition from him being the main protagonist to that other Spartan. I'm not ready for a Halo without Master Chief just as I'm not ready for a Mass Effect without Commander Shepard.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Fair enough. I'm a Halo head so anything Halo I jump on especially Halo 2. I dint really care for any pre order bonuses or deals seeing as I would pay $100 just for original Halo 2 matchmaking w/ glitches and all in a heart beat w/o any re-mastering. That's all I'm really excited for lol.

Well, the other thing...SPECIAL EDITION? If they have some kind of sweet limited edition option, I'll probably be buying it.

Also, side-note: I missed it during the reveal, but my friend pointed out to me online...Anyone notice that The Arbiter was the narrator for Guardians, and that he is in the new guy's helmet's reflection at the end? I'm curious to see what that means--will he be playable again, or at least prominent? It also makes me wonder what's going on with The Covenant, and who this new guy really is.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
It also saddens me that this is named the Master Chief collection. It gives the hint that Halo 5 is probably the transition from him being the main protagonist to that other Spartan. I'm not ready for a Halo without Master Chief just as I'm not ready for a Mass Effect without Commander Shepard.

I dunno, that seems like pretty far reaching. It sounds like they just wanted you to remember Chief's story before you played Halo 5 so you're not like "wha... I don't remember this". I just think that since Chief is going to be big role in Halo 5, they didn't want people getting distracted by other stories, so they just included his and that's why they called it the Master Chief Collection.

Also, they've had multiple canon Halo games without him e.g. Reach, Wars, ODST, Spartan Assault....

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, the other thing...SPECIAL EDITION? If they have some kind of sweet limited edition option, I'll probably be buying it.

Also, side-note: I missed it during the reveal, but my friend pointed out to me online...Anyone notice that The Arbiter was the narrator for Guardians, and that he is in the new guy's helmet's reflection at the end? I'm curious to see what that means--will he be playable again, or at least prominent? It also makes me wonder what's going on with The Covenant, and who this new guy really is.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I thought Arbiter was narrating it the entire time to that new guy, but at the end, I realized it was him.

The last time I saw him, he was a ship master. Maybe killing the prophets caused civil war? Maybe Arbiter is in trouble? He could be hiding in the suit because the Covenant is looking for him and that "sect" that we saw in Halo 4 could be one of the factions.

I've never read the books, so idk the entire story, but that's what I'm thinking.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean, "hiding in the suit?"

I half-wondered if the armored guy is actually a super-special elite, and the Covenant are learning from the humans' tendency to armor up or something.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I mean like the Arbiter is the guy in the suit and he's acting as a Spartan. After he basically killed the Covenant's gods, I imagine that there would be a lot of people who would be mad at him and since he's friends with Earth, they could be hiding him, as in, he's pretending to be a Spartan while hiding from the rest of the Covenant.

I'm not sure why they would need to armor up when they've got shields and invisibility.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty excited, the only problem is AC: Unity comes out a mere two weeks in advance... where am I going to find the time?!?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)