The Official "I got the Titanfall Beta Code" Thread

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
That is some great play. Nice to see. I went on this morning, early doors, and I was not quite as good. The action looks lime a frenetic cross between COD, Mirror's Edge, Steel Battalion and Mech Warrior, with a dash of Halo for good measure.

The record feature on the one has some great uses.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Well I happened to have a really good round, but quite largely that K/D is boosted by the fact I used the Stryder-card at the start of the round, letting me wreak havoc on the poor pilots with no titans for 3 mins :p

I've played FPS games probably the last 15 years, but always on PC. Titanfall is sorta the first FPS game I play on a console (at least online), so I still have hard time aiming with the sticks, but I'm getting better all the time :p

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if they'll let us play cross-platform with PC players. Now THAT would be incredible. They both run on x86 architecture, the PC version accepts controllers and the Xbox can now use keyboards, and the graphics wouldn't be any different since it uses cloud computing, so I don't see why not. But then again, I'm no game developer, so idk.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My preference would be to not use keyboard. Controller v controller would be better. @ Coreldan, you are far bet than me. I tend to spray bullets around people usually. Although I did find Titanfall to be more forgiving than Battlefield. The pace on Titanfall is unbelievable, I struggle to keep up.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if they'll let us play cross-platform with PC players. Now THAT would be incredible. They both run on x86 architecture, the PC version accepts controllers and the Xbox can now use keyboards, and the graphics wouldn't be any different since it uses cloud computing, so I don't see why not. But then again, I'm no game developer, so idk.

That would be difficult, and I don't think that's a good idea.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
They've said that there is no cross-system multiplayer. As in PC plays with PC, Xbox One with Xbox One, 360 with 360 and PS4 with nobody! (tsk tsk!)

I would also be against the idea of X1 and PC combined, I don't want to go against mouseusers. And I most definitely wouldn't want to get this game on a console just to play it with a keyboard.. My computer runs this maxed at 60 fps, but I'm still getting it for the X1.

@peachy, I have my lucky rounds, but I really struggle to aim as infantry using the controller, seeing that I have no experience of FPS games on a controller before. Any longer distances and I wont be able to even kill a still Spectre with a full magazine :D

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

They've done this with FPS games in the past and it was a disaster. The imbalance between using a controller vs. using a keyboard and mouse is so drastic that PC vs. console gaming is not fun at all. The keyboard and mouse combo is so much more fast and accurate that everyone would be forced to use that setup or get slaughtered, and that defeats one of the perks of console gaming: using a controller.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Got a code for the Xbox one and the PC, This game is epic... Love it, the best of COD (Black ops 2, run and gun) with MECS...just epic and a lot of fun, can't wait for the full version.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Got a code for the Xbox one and the PC, This game is epic... Love it, the best of COD (Black ops 2, run and gun) with MECS...just epic and a lot of fun, can't wait for the full version.

Well at the same time I think what makes it so great is that they arn't really mechs as we usually know them. I don't think the gameplay would've been nearly as good if the mechs were more like from Mech Warrior Online or something, as in sloooooooooow and heeeeeavy. I love how agile they are and it almost feels like you are just a big, motorized pilot :D

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
It's gonna be so hard to manage till March 13 for Titanfall after beta closes tomorrow. I guess I'll do what many people did after alpha... curl up in a corner in a fetus-position and quietly repeat "Titanfall.. titanfall.. titanfall" :D

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
It's gonna be so hard to manage till March 13 for Titanfall after beta closes tomorrow. I guess I'll do what many people did after alpha... curl up in a corner in a fetus-position and quietly repeat "Titanfall.. titanfall.. titanfall" :D

Yeah, my friend who got the alpha was suffering from Titanfall withdrawal. March 11 is too far away! :'(

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, you get it a few days earlier! I'm also gonna get it digitally and with the size of the full game, I will likely spend the 13th just downloading lol :p

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
still not decided if i should buy it or not. i am not that impressed by the game + there is Thief coming out on Feb 25th + i am too busy on bf4, so cant say.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
The thing that I seem to have to tell people at times is to remind them that - this is a beta.

It isn't running at full throttle yet (especially not graphically - the difference between the alpha and beta is good, but it isn't all the way up yet. I expect the final to look better).

It is a beta so there are going to be a lot of maps, game types, burn cards, tier kits, ordnances, and weapons available that haven't been included yet that will be present in the final game. There is a thread on Neogaf with someone who has scoured through the PC code to find a lot of those things.

There is STILL a multiplayer campaign that hasn't been unveiled yet. I think there is still a lot left that Respawn hasn't shown us yet and I can't wait to see it. I've had a blast playing this game.

The only thing I question so far was their decision to turn the Kinect mic ability off with no way to turn it back on. that's why I think it is so silent when you're playing. During the alpha the Kinect mic was 'on' and everyone talked. I've been surprised how quiet the beta has been...

From that Neogaf thread, there has also been speculation that there could be 'monsters' in the final game too... so, if we could have mini-pacific rim type fights too? Yes please... at least according to this tweet...
https://twitter.com/jwhdavison/status/435904855295528960

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99