The Quest For the Best Lumia 830 Cases (+Updated w/Reviews!)

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Mpero Snapz Series Glossy Case for Nokia Lumia 830 Clear | eBay

Bought the case linked above and I would recommend that people stay away from it. Looked great for a case, crystal clear so you can see the nice metal frame and colored back cover. But this thing is impossible to get off once on. In fact, in getting it off I've noticed two tiny, almost microscopic dents on the metal frame of the phone. Doubt anyone would notice and I can only see them in the right light and the right angle, but I know they weren't there before I tried this case. Probably gonna toss it in the garbage.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
If at all any one is interested, the Incipio Octane case is being sold for $6.99 shipped within US. Just bought a black one.

http://ebay.us/raKe96

Edit: There's actually quite a few folks selling them for 8-11 bucks. Microsoft store has been selling them for 12 bucks

Last edited:

Soph_a04

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I wrote a review for the SONiVO Flex Guard Case for the Nokia Lumia 830. It's definitely a good case for the phone and doesn't ruin how the phone looks!

"I bought this case after trawling the web for a case which did not ruin the elegant look and feel of the Nokia Lumia 830. I wanted a case which showed off the vibrant orange battery cover, and protected the corners of the phone. Many of the options suggested by the net were from the US, and others too bulky or just ugly. I took the plunge with this, after reading some reviews of other cases I had my eye on!

The case is great! It doesn't add much bulk to the phone, and showcases the vibrant orange battery cover, muting it a little with the frosted effect, which is really nice. It also doesn't really affect the functionality of the buttons on the side of the phone; the case fits perfectly and doesn't make them any harder to press. If anything, it makes the hyper-sensitive camera button a little easier to control, as I was always accidentally pressing it without a case, even if it was just left in my bag! The case also doesn't detract from the smart appearance of the large screen, something which I am really pleased with.

I am not too sure of the protective nature of the case, as it is quite thin, but covers the very corners of the phone (a weakness with cases for my previous Lumia 520 resulting in a smashed screen on 2 occasions). Also, I have yet to test this case out in that respect (thankfully!). I would definitely recommend this to someone looking for a slim, translucent case which doesn't make the phone look clumsy! Great bargain which allows the phone to keep its elegant appearance, without affecting the use of the buttons."

Here's some photos of how it makes the phone look too!
SAM_1676.JPG
SAM_1677.JPG
SAM_1678.JPG
SAM_1680.JPG
SAM_1681.JPG

Last edited:

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if you guys can help me on this one after reading all comments: I'm upgrading my 720 shortly for a black 830. My question is what cover gives the best protection and is able for me to continue using wireless charging? I would really appreciate your input!

J_S_N

May 7, 2015
Visit site
I have the Aegis Trident from page 4 for both my 830 and Surface 2 (RT). The Lumia case is much better than the Otterbox Commuter I had on my N8. It is easy to install and remove in order to access the SD card and battery, unlike the Commuter which I cracked after repeatedly removing it. The rubber covers for the USB and headphone ports are a little flimsy so if you really need to keep dust out, you may want to look at something else. However, I work in a dusty, dirty environment and have not had any issues with lint, dirt, etc. plugging either port. The camera button still works flawlessly with the two-stage press, which is also an improvement from the Commuter.

The Surface case is also very good quality, and the only tough-case available for the tablet. The rubber covering the power and volume keys is far to stiff though and actually makes it hard to reset the device when it freezes up. I sometimes have to take it off completely to hold down the power key when I need a reset. You will also need a knife or small screwdriver to take the case off. There is a removable plastic piece that covers the keyboard port which I never install since the keyboard is always hooked up. If I find a good hand strap I might install it for field use.

23kid

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: I know it's too early to ask, but has anyone found good Lumia 830 case?

Anyone found the Incipio cases to buy in England? I can only find them on US websites...

Jason Gilbert

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the Incipio NGP Ultra case (black) on my 830 and it has saved my phone during several drops. Easy to remove, feels nice, lets a little color peek through, and it protects the front and back really well without adding too much bulk. I've had no problems with wireless charging with the case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05