The Quest For the Best Lumia 830 Cases (+Updated w/Reviews!)

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I drilled through the pages @ Amazon and found the case. Almost bbought it. Someone in the reviews said the case was difficult to put on and they ended up cranking their screen. The outside portion of the case does look like a pain because on the corners. I may get it still, but I ordered a different case in the meantime.

I wish Otterbox would make a commuter for it, but since it's not and iPhone or Android, no go there.
Do you have a link to the Amazon page? Is it the same case as Empire?

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

This is the one I found. Looks the same too me. I decided against it cause it looked like it would be a pain to put on/take off due to the corners. I'm OCD and do not need additional complication or things to obsess over in my life :)

Amazon.com: Microsoft Nokia Lumia 830 Case Cover - Tough Rugged Dual Layer Protective Case with Kickstand for Microsoft Nokia Lumia 830 + 1 Stylus Pen + 1 Velcro Cable + 1 OEAGO Cleaning Cloth (Green): Cell Phones & Accessories

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I bought this IMAK version II "abrasive proof" case. It's thin, hard yet flexible, and covers the corners.
There are two versions, this one the abrasive proof or Version II and the regular Crystal Clear.
Surprisingly even tho' very smooth, the slight lip on the sides that raises the screen off a surface
and the cut-outs for the side buttons makes it feel more secure in my hand.
IMAK Abrasion Proof Clear Crystal Shell Hard Cover Back Case for Nokia Lumia 830 | eBay

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Also, award for best use of camera module in a case design goes to this one:
Ultra Slim 3D Cute Cartoon Hard Back Case Protective Cover for Nokia Lumia 830 | eBay
Hah, that's awesome... I have got to find one of those for a Lumia 1020, my wife would love it.

Thanks. I drilled through the pages @ Amazon and found the case. Almost bbought it. Someone in the reviews said the case was difficult to put on and they ended up cranking their screen. The outside portion of the case does look like a pain because on the corners. I may get it still, but I ordered a different case in the meantime.

I wish Otterbox would make a commuter for it, but since it's not and iPhone or Android, no go there.
Yeah, I've had that case for both the Lumia 830 and Lumia Icon and it's always been cheap crap that doesn't have the right materials to be truly protective while making the buttons hell to use. Didn't have it break my screen, but it was a total pain to remove once I finally got it on my phones.

One thing that is worth mentioning is that we officially have support from Aegis... a lesser-known brand that actually has provided some cases many consider better than Otterbox. I still have my Aegis Trident from back when my Xperia Play was my main phone... and after having an Otterbox on iPhone 4 that had warping corruption within the first year... then moving on to a Galaxy S3 and S4 and finding out that Otterbox still has that same flaw with their material quality, I tried out Aegis and have been very pleased with the result. Very good protection, and it's not made of the same cheap warping crap that Otterbox is famous for. If you're looking for a high-quality brand name that offers good protection, check this guy out.

1da3981a-bcb7-43ad-81d3-46e116fc3d3e-Large.jpg
Aegis Case for Nokia Lumia 830

Last edited:

iljajj

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by thron View Post
This is the one I found. Looks the same too me. I decided against it cause it looked like it would be a pain to put on/take off due to the corners. I'm OCD and do not need additional complication or things to obsess over in my life :)

Amazon.com: Microsoft Nokia Lumia 830 Case Cover - Tough Rugged Dual Layer Protective Case with Kickstand for Microsoft Nokia Lumia 830 + 1 Stylus Pen + 1 Velcro Cable + 1 OEAGO Cleaning Cloth (Green): Cell Phones & Accessories​

I bought this case, because I sometimes spend some time working in the field or for camping trips. It's not at all difficult to put on if you're a bit careful, and it hasn't done any damage to my device - quite the reverse. It's also cheap, but the setback is that it looks it as well, particularly the colored part. However, that wears off with time. In short: quite content, particularly for the price.

My daily cover is the Adore June Business case which, although designed for the 930, fits my 830 perfectly and has the added advantage that the microfiber inside wipes smudges off the screen (I loath screen protectors). Unfortunately I can't post links yet, but it's on Amazon.

I'm surely going to order the Aegis, though. It looks great.

Last edited:

slavisa jakovcevic

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I have this one, head case design : Head Case Designs Chevron Festive-Ties Protective Snap-on Hard Back Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 830. I took on eBay .
very nice, thin case, doesn't enlarge the phone, i like a lot.
don't have with what to take pics of my nokia, will take later and upload here.

bachansoo

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm planning on getting a relative in the US to pick up the Incipio NGP case (black) from AT&T, but wanted to confirm one thing first with those who already have it.

I have an 830 with a silver metal trim. I've purchased black cases on ebay and these cases don't completely cover the silver trim, so the cases look really bad from the front with a little bit of the silver trim showing along the sides. Does the black incipio NGP from AT&T completely cover the metal trim to make the phone completely black? I don't mind it if the silver shows through in the usb and headphone jacks, as I'm more concerned about not seeing any of the silver trim when looking at the phone from the front.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Does the black incipio NGP from AT&T completely cover the metal trim to make the phone completely black? I don't mind it if the silver shows through in the usb and headphone jacks, as I'm more concerned about not seeing any of the silver trim when looking at the phone from the front.

Yes, the Incipio NGP covers the metal trim entirely. This is not the case for the Incipio Octane case. For this you see a tiny little corner of the metal.
WP_20141224_13_17_37_Pro.jpg
Note: that is a half working screen protector on my wife's L830. Going to pull this off soon.

WP_20141224_13_24_37_Pro.jpg

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
One thing that is worth mentioning is that we officially have support from Aegis... a lesser-known brand that actually has provided some cases many consider better than Otterbox. I still have my Aegis Trident from back when my Xperia Play was my main phone... and after having an Otterbox on iPhone 4 that had warping corruption within the first year... then moving on to a Galaxy S3 and S4 and finding out that Otterbox still has that same flaw with their material quality, I tried out Aegis and have been very pleased with the result. Very good protection, and it's not made of the same cheap warping crap that Otterbox is famous for. If you're looking for a high-quality brand name that offers good protection, check this guy out.

View attachment 90259
Aegis Case for Nokia Lumia 830

I received the Trident case I ordered today, AMAZING.
Comparable / identical to Otterbox-style quality. Has the rubber layer beneath the outer plastic layer and everything.

I've only had it on for a few hours, but it's much better than the last TPU case I had on it before. It feels far more sturdy, like it's built like a tank.
There's some added bulk but not too much, just enough to make the phone feel considerably more durable.

Thanks a lot for sharing this link!

Jason Gilbert

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Does the black incipio NGP from AT&T completely cover the metal trim to make the phone completely black? I don't mind it if the silver shows through in the usb and headphone jacks, as I'm more concerned about not seeing any of the silver trim when looking at the phone from the front.

Yes. Just a bit around the jacks, nothing from the front. Also, Santa got me a couple of Nokia DT-900 chargers from Xmas and I can confirm that they work with the case on just fine.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

Harneet Singh4

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: I know it's too early to ask, but has anyone found good Lumia 830 case?

After I ordered this, it took about a month to actually get it. Apparently is shipped from China. I love it! Talk about crystal clear! Very, very nice and tight fit too! Thanks for sharing!

Most welcome

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
After trying a few different ones I settled on the clear tudia case referenced earlier. For me it had the right combination of looks (shows the 830 design off nicely), button feel, padding without being big like an otterbox, raised camera area, and screen lip. The octane case made the clicky buttons less clicky for me and I was worried I'd push them too hard too much. Plus it was decently hard to get on and off, was really tight. Also a word of caution, some cases that get too close to the flash or lens add coloring to your pictures when the flash goes off, I've had a few cases over the years do that and now I never get a case with a strip between the flash and lens unless its completely flat. I wish tudia made the same case for my 930. :(

Alexandrus

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Sure, sorry for the delay answering

The texture of this case is more like rubbery, that helps with the grip a lot.

Here you go some pics I hope will be helpful, you'll notice I'm not using the included screen protector, well, It doesn't cover the whole screen and also I'm not likely to use them, love the appareance of the screen alone.
I have the very same case, the Nillkin frosted one, in black.

I quite like it, very good build quality, nice texture, nice materials, nice feel, nice fit.
What I like a lot is that it covers the crease between the camera and back cover, which used to accumulate dust and tiny cloth particles from my pocket.
What I do not like is that it does not cover the buttons as well, making them in fact harder to press. This is also a good thing in case of the power button, which I used to press by mistake when handling the phone.

I don't understand why nobody makes cases like the original Nokia ones. Before the 830 I had a Lumia 720 and got an original Nokia CC-1057 case for it, the best case I have ever seen.

Last edited:

Andrew Fratkin

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Though I'd give some input to this thread.

I'm not a fan of cases (I haven't had a case on the last three phone I've owned) but since I just cracked the screen on my 830, I'd thought I'd better get one since I question the durability of the 830 now (my 822 was a tank compared to the 830). After reading this thread and doing some of my own research, I decided on the TUDIA Ultra Slim Bumper TPU Case in black which arrived yesterday.

I have to say I really like this case. Others have said this case is a little bulky but I think it's about as thin as can be and still offer decent protection. I don't feel it drastically changes the look and it feels similar to the naked phone but more secure in my hand now. I kind of like the two tone look (personal preference) and this is a functional aspect of the case as the material on top and bottom is much denser giving added protection to the corners. I also really like how the buttons are actually easier to find and use now with the case.

I was also pleased to find out the case did not affect the wireless charging. For people that use wired charging, I did notice that the case interferes with the charging port a little but I was still able to charge this way also.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone try a Head Case? I saw them on ebay, they have a case you can get with a ton of designs...
LUMIA 830

Also, award for best use of camera module in a case design goes to this one:
Ultra Slim 3D Cute Cartoon Hard Back Case Protective Cover for Nokia Lumia 830 | eBay

Had one for my 1520... it was solid, no complaints. Pretty cool designs. Overall I much prefer no case at all, but Head Case is good quality and you can often find specials on Ebay for them, like buy one and get the second half off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium