The reason I want the HTC 8S

neutra74

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I am also hesitating in buying this phone.

I like the design, the (supposed) battery life and the sized. I am only a little concerned about the storage capacity even if I usualy don't donwnload games and have something like 10-15 apps.

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I am also hesitating in buying this phone.

I like the design, the (supposed) battery life and the sized. I am only a little concerned about the storage capacity even if I usualy don't donwnload games and have something like 10-15 apps.

Your concerns are good. I have the same concerns. I seriously thinking of getting the 620, I know it doesn't look anywhere as nice as the 8S but it ticks all the other box's

anon(4786615)

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Really, I got nothing but trouble with this phone. It has random shut downs, several times it says my SIM isn't legit and sometimes my screen goes black while my touchbuttons still react if I touch them, but I can't see any response. The storage is much too small. With only battery tile and Whatsapp installed I have only 623mb over. Then the biggest problem. I want to copy my music to my phone, but when I do this with the app I get an error. I also tried it with explorer, but then I got in the music app 2 of the same music. When I delete one, the other doesn't work anymore. Then I get the error: 80070003. I really hate this. Furthermore the phone is good. Sometimes it lags when I come from an app and I click the home button en Internet Explorer stops everytime with working while I'm browsing for 5 minutes.

soso_xx

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I dunno what you people are installing/doing. I have installed facebook, batery tile, and a couple more simple apps. Am reading fb a couple of times a day also my gmail,am using the calendar and onenote for todos and then the usual phone stuff. Didn't have one problem with it, never froze, my freespace stands around 900mb and the battery lasts between 2 and 3 days (with flight mode on during night).

All in all I'm happy with this phone.

1101x10

May 27, 2012
Visit site
There should not be memory issues with these 512MB phones as the design guidelines limit them to 180MB and it does not make sense to release an app that excludes them.

Limit typeApp typeLower-memory phonesHigher-memory phones (WVGA, 720p, and WXGA)
DefaultXNA or native150 MB
150 MB
DefaultXAML/.NET excluding XNA150 MB300 MB
HigherAll app types180 MB380 MB

anon(4786615)

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Okay, after two factory-resets the syncing is working fine. Also I got no random shut downs since. Sometimes the phone is lagging, but now it's not as bad as earlier. I only have 2 apps, as I earlier mentioned. After those 2 resets I got 1.12GB free space with many chats on Messenger and Whatsapp. So the solution is resetting. I enjoy the phone more of course, but it had been easier if it was working so good from the start. Because I don't use many apps the space is fine, but if you want to install more choose the Lumia 620. Battery lasts for 1,5/2 days with wifi and 3g on.

Chandra Sekhar1

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I own a HTC 8S. After a factory reset and changing the speech region and keyboard settings to US, I have only 400MB free memory (getting only 3 days worth of emails) no apps installed. I can't even install Nokia maps locally. The SD card can't be used for installing apps. I really wish if the windows foot print was less than 1.5GB - I can't believe its over 3.5GB. It really sucks.

If I had known before that I will have only 400MB free space after OS on my 4G HTC 8S, I wouldn't have gone for this phone. Sorry Microsoft - you will have to stop allowing manufactures to sell devices which are has than 8GB capacity. Or, let users install applications on microSD card.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I own a HTC 8S. After a factory reset and changing the speech region and keyboard settings to US, I have only 400MB free memory (getting only 3 days worth of emails) no apps installed. I can't even install Nokia maps locally. The SD card can't be used for installing apps. I really wish if the windows foot print was less than 1.5GB - I can't believe its over 3.5GB. It really sucks.

If I had known before that I will have only 400MB free space after OS on my 4G HTC 8S, I wouldn't have gone for this phone. Sorry Microsoft - you will have to stop allowing manufactures to sell devices which are has than 8GB capacity. Or, let users install applications on microSD card.

I understand your plight brother. However, why don't u factory reset your phone once. Then, change the keyboard settings and speech region ONLY if its utterly necessary.

Also, even on my droid RaZr I get mails only from the last three days.
Maybe that's how it is...

Sent from my DROID RaZr on JB.

dahurricaneg

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
So let me this this s#*t straight..we can download app onto a SD card but the apps will subsequently install onto the phone once installed right?
If this is the case, this phone is useless..who wants to do a damn factory reset every time they have installed one too many apps or uninstalled and lost other important data such as texts, contacts and so forth?

This is friggin shameful if it cannot be correct..

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
So let me this this s#*t straight..we can download app onto a SD card but the apps will subsequently install onto the phone once installed right?
If this is the case, this phone is useless..who wants to do a damn factory reset every time they have installed one too many apps or uninstalled and lost other important data such as texts, contacts and so forth?

This is friggin shameful if it cannot be correct..

Sadly yes. One of the reasons I didn't get it. And again sadly ur can't be corrected. That's how it is...

Sent from my DROID RaZr on JB.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99