Things we need working in the next build of W10M

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Well Mobile Hotspot and and the whole glance stuff (background) still not available or not works as expected. I miss to have the weather info on glance screen for example.
But to be honest: don't expect too much from this build. I can just laugh about the store bug that mentioned to prevent them from release initially. They pushed out much more crappy builds before and we already used to the broken store. That, together with the poll, is nothing more than a "hello, we still there" statement. Also not a single word about release.
I expect nothing more fixed than officially announced and (of course) some new & old things broken (again).

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
To you, perhaps. It's not just "fixing" 8.1. The core is being re-worked completely to share the core code with the Desktop PCs, Xbox, IoT, HoloLens, and so much more. There's a lot going on that you CAN'T see that is very important.

This topic is NOT a place to rant or gripe about a perceived lack of progress, but to get an idea on the current status of the current build and what we are hoping to see in this next. If you wish to continue your discussion, you are welcome to start a new thread. Let's keep this one on topic, please.

I said Windows 10 mobile. Not windows 10.

Trust me. I am very excited about Windows 10.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I said Windows 10 mobile. Not windows 10.

Trust me. I am very excited about Windows 10.

I think you're missing the point that the code between Windows 10 (desktop) and Windows 10 (mobile) is shared quite extensively. Imagine the code that manages WiFi connections: instead of two completely separate codebases, they're now one, diverging only where they need to. From a developer's perspective, the APIs will all be the same. Windows 10 is Windows 10 mobile.

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
How about the personalization bug, the one that pops up when you choose the tile option and then use a pic in the background just like we have in wp 8.1, but the image is then placed within the individual tile, is it fixed yet, and is glance screen fixed, does windows 10 now support gesture beta ?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
How about the personalization bug, the one that pops up when you choose the tile option and then use a pic in the background just like we have in wp 8.1, but the image is then placed within the individual tile, is it fixed yet,

That's been fixed for the last couple builds. Start screen backgrounds work perfectly now.

Glance works...

Gesture Beta I haven't tried.. Kinda forgot about that.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
The photo auto-upload to Onedrive does indeed work in the background, just not as timely as it once did before.

II turned off backup, restarted, and then turned it back on and now it is working! Thanks for the info!

I hope that this becomes more immediate in future builds, but I can live with it as is.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I beg to differ, I think 10 is visually aweomse. both on notebook and phone. I have yet to use it on a tablet so I cannot comment on it.

asmac

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
My biggest (only?) serious problem with 8.1 is its inability to store maps on the SD card. Has that been fixed in Windows Phone 10?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I think you're missing the point that the code between Windows 10 (desktop) and Windows 10 (mobile) is shared quite extensively. Imagine the code that manages WiFi connections: instead of two completely separate codebases, they're now one, diverging only where they need to. From a developer's perspective, the APIs will all be the same. Windows 10 is Windows 10 mobile.

That is causing some of the current issues IMHO. Much of what made WP 8.1 great seems to have been forgotten in the process of unifying.

I believe you can have both but they seem to be neglecting ease of use and smartphone specific features. The past few builds seem to have solidified that direction.

Sarveshwar

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I want them to fix DLNA. It is not usable at all at the moment. They prevent installation of Play To app which worked perfectly after upgrade to W10M from WP8.1. But after resetting, the app vanishes and there's no option to install.

If streaming/casting is integrated in the File Manager and Media applications, that woud be great. Just like it works on Windows 10 PC with File Explorer and Film and TV app. This integration should have been extended to Photos and Groove apps too on both PC and Mobile.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I think they mentioned that was one of the things going away. It wouldn't be an MS upgrade without fewer features and apps, lol.

But in all seriousness, it would be nice to see this at the system level like apple does it in iOS. Leaving it to an app to implement is not the way to go.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I've had to do that with Xbox Music in 8.1 as well. Nothing new, I don't believe.

Microsoft went out of their way to start a support thread because of the issue so it's definitely something new and significant. I'm not the only one who can't add songs and merely opening the app isn't the solution for me or any of the other people posting in that thread. They even started an article on this site talking about it and linking to the thread.

Microsoft wants feedback to help fix Groove music issue on Windows 10 PCs | Windows Central

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon