**Thinking of buying the Microsoft Lumia 640XL please give me your experiences with it be it good or

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Coming from iphone 5 these are the cons that i noticed:

1. Blurry text. i know i cant compare it with retina screen but glance screen text is jagged, text in windows central app is blurry and looks like it is cut in half
  2. stutter when scrolling, especially when you are holding your thumb on the screen and slowly scrolling it.
  3. background apps. THe iphone 5 can resume apps quickly and continue what i was doing but 640 xl will show resume screen/loading screen
  4. Apps. i dont use many apps but i cant even find a decent rar file comic reader. I am using cover now which i think is the best but it tooks very long to render pages, crash consistently. Other than that is readit which stutter when scrolling and loading comments
  5. Touch sensitivity. i dont think 640xl recognize touches that well. A short swipe will sometimes recognized as a tap.

These are the major things that i encountered. I may upgrade to the new flagship or back to iphone. All i want is smooth experience.

Since I'm moving from one widows device to another, I'm really looking for users that have moved Windows Phone devices. Thanks for your feedback though.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I used to own a Lumia 520 as well. I am using a Lumia 640XL Cyan now. Read the post of coconutxyz. Don't know what Lumia 640XL he is using (if he is even really using one at all) but I completely disagree with what he says about the Lumia 640 XL. SURE the Lumia 640XL is not a flagship phone, but after using it as my everyday phone for about 2 months now, I would definitely recommend it if your planning on buying one. You May watch video reviews of the phone to know more about what it can offer. So far, I am not disappointed with it's performance.

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes I think buying the 640XL is definitely in my future.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

On my 640XL The text is not blurry, the screen is scrolling smooth, the touch sensitivity is good, the screen resuming quickly from any apps.

Definitely moving from the 520 to the 640XL will be good.:smile:

I have owned recently the 1520 and few year ago the iphone 5S, and I have decided to move to the 640xl because I have some issue with the network reception and the ghost touch screen with the 1520.

I am very satisfied with the phone knowing also I do no have to spend all my budget on "a" phone:

I can call people or receive a call, I do not have to charge the battery every night, I have my personal sim card and my business sim card in so I do not need two mobile phones, The 4g and H+ capabilities and the wifi is good enough for me to received/send emails, read the news, upload the photo to onedrive, I like the selfie 5MB camera and the 13MB camera which can give me some good picture if I do not move , Skype is ok, my 64GB micro SD card compensate the 8GB internal, the display quality is good for me with not too much finger print (oleophobic coating) and readable outside with sunshine.

This is not a ?600 mobile phone but for ?140 I think this is a very good investment and should be for a lot of people.

Wow didn't know it was dual sim? Thanks for your in depth review of its connectivity.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
yes I don't think he really has a 640xl either as I don't experience any of the issues he has, I also have an iPhone 6 and really don't think that screen is much different than the xl's considering the size difference, and the xl runs windows 10 very smoothly which is also another bonus for a budget device.

I think the fact it has gorilla glass is one of many selling points. I don't know or confirm whether the OP of the initial comment has or hasn't the 640XL. I'm moving from one windows device to another so like I know what ill be getting in so far as OS and firmware, that's why I'm sticking to it.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Looks like I should have only posted only positive things in a recommendation thread...

Its just that I'm not moving from a iOS or Android device so obviously there will be noticeable differences in usability, however since I have a windows device already I'm just upgrading to another windows device, that said I thank you for your reply and all of what you have said is duly noted. Thank you and please be honest, I need the bad as well as the good. You have done the right thing.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Can we confirm the 640XL is compatible on the T-Mobile network?

I know its available sim free I Ireland so I suppose if you purchase a sim free one then it should support T-Mobile, I know you haven't gotten confused (I should be a bit clearer) when I said Orange I meant the colour. I suppose check out T-Mobile I hope its available to you.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Go fior 730.

Best OLED screen, Reliable battery life, 1GB ram, Resumes quick, 1080p both front and back camera, Awesome photography even in night, and lots more. Better than 640XL, except when you want your phone to be like a big phablet

kevin_tenza

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I got mine a few days ago, moving from 1020. Its only downside is the pixel density on such a large screen. It can be overwhelming at first but soon after you won't notice... Go for it

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Go fior 730.

Best OLED screen, Reliable battery life, 1GB ram, Resumes quick, 1080p both front and back camera, Awesome photography even in night, and lots more. Better than 640XL, except when you want your phone to be like a big phablet

One thing the Lumia 730 is missing is the Glance screen. Other than that, it's also a great phone.

dipayanster

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
640xl is currently the best if you consider performance to price ratio. My friend got one so I tested it out for a bit, its an amazing device. My trusty old1320 feels a bit obsolete next to it :s

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Go fior 730.

I have had my Lumia 520 a while now and id like to upgrade the size of it. I want a nice phone and bigger screen as I do watch video on it but thanks for ur suggestion :)

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I got mine a few days ago, moving from 1020. Its only downside is the pixel density on such a large screen. It can be overwhelming at first but soon after you won't notice... Go for it

This post has gotten me even more excited at it. Thanks for your reply I think ill be buying it so many positive and negative's all noted. Thank you :)

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
640xl is currently the best if you consider performance to price ratio. My friend got one so I tested it out for a bit, its an amazing device. My trusty old1320 feels a bit obsolete next to it :s

Ha ha can u imagine my trusty old Lumia 520 next to it. The 520 is almost what the 3310 was like back in the greater days of Nokia.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Eire what is the cost of a 640XL in Ireland?

Since I have jumped to a larger screen I can't go back to any phone under 5 inches.
Even 5 inches is starting to get small for me these days.
My Asus phone is 5.5 and I think the XL might be about right for my desires at 5.7

karan madhyani1

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Wow this post has helped me..to decide too.
same moving from lumia 520 to lumia 640xl...

Just one thing is killing me... If i install games on sd card i.e. Class 10 card wil games sound slutter or b out of sync. . It happend wid me on my trusted nokia lumia 520 ..asphalt 8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99