**Thinking of buying the Microsoft Lumia 640XL please give me your experiences with it be it good or

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I assure you that when I wear my sunglasses and try to view the screen in landscape it goes black regardless of what is displayed on the screen. It's annoying. If I remove my sunglasses I can see the screen just fine.

Maybe change your sunglasses. If you are restricted to the type of phone you can get maybe a change of glasses maybe a better way.

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Maybe change your sunglasses. If you are restricted to the type of phone you can get maybe a change of glasses maybe a better way.

They are polarized, prescription sunglasses. It's cheaper to change the phone than it is to change the sunglasses. And for the record, I never had this issue with the following devices:

iPhone 5S
iPhone 5C
IPhone 6
Lumia 900
Lumia 920
Lumia 1020
Lumia 650
Moto G 2015
Huawei P8 Lite
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5
Nexus 5
Nexus 6
OnePlus One
LG G2
LG G3

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
They are polarized, prescription sunglasses. It's cheaper to change the phone than it is to change the sunglasses. And for the record, I never had this issue with the following devices:

iPhone 5S
iPhone 5C
IPhone 6
Lumia 900
Lumia 920
Lumia 1020
Lumia 650
Moto G 2015
Huawei P8 Lite
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5
Nexus 5
Nexus 6
OnePlus One
LG G2
LG G3

The Lumia 920 didn't give you this issue? That's odd, it was the first phone with "Clear Black" technology and it gave me the issue because there's two sheets of glass on the phone, one of which is polarized to decrease the amount of light that can get through so the blacks look blacker (darker).

It gave me the issue all the time with my sunglasses (they're clip-ons, so can't get new ones as they're made for my glasses, which are prescription).

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
No, the 920 never gave me a problem. The Moto G and the Lumia 640 XL use a similar screen. However, the angle at which the display goes black is different.

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
So far I'm enjoying the 640XL. I do think that, even though W10M can run on the 1GB of RAM, for practical purposes 2GB should be considered a minimum. I do notice when the phone is overtaxed, which is fairly easy to do. But then, I only paid $120 for the phone and can't expect miracles. But it's 2016 and if I get another Windows phone, I'll get at least 2GB.

I got a cheap, clear TPU case for it. This is what I do with any phone I get. It makes the phone grippier and provides a modicum of protection against minor bumps and falls.

Whatever complaints I have, apart from it being a bit underpowered, are the familiar complaints about W10M. The phone itself seems like a good value.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
So far I'm enjoying the 640XL. I do think that, even though W10M can run on the 1GB of RAM, for practical purposes 2GB should be considered a minimum. I do notice when the phone is overtaxed, which is fairly easy to do. But then, I only paid $120 for the phone and can't expect miracles. But it's 2016 and if I get another Windows phone, I'll get at least 2GB.

I got a cheap, clear TPU case for it. This is what I do with any phone I get. It makes the phone grippier and provides a modicum of protection against minor bumps and falls.

Whatever complaints I have, apart from it being a bit underpowered, are the familiar complaints about W10M. The phone itself seems like a good value.

Yes I wholly agree with the points you have made. I find the GB less of ram doesn't really affect me but it is a great suggestion. I have the microsoft cyan matte flip case its truly gorgeous! Glad your liking this great phablet.
When I bought mine it was around 300 euro. It was only out a few months when I got it.

jeffnocom

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
I'm an Android enthusiasts and is interested to try Windows. Bought a Lumia 640 XL online. Still waiting for it to arrive. Hopefully I'll like it! 😊

ce_tx

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Nothing but good experiences so far. I thought my 640 had great battery life, but the battery life on this one is even better! I'm waiting for a blue shell and TPU case to arrive, but until then, I'm happy rocking the glossy white shell it came with.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm an Android enthusiasts and is interested to try Windows. Bought a Lumia 640 XL online. Still waiting for it to arrive. Hopefully I'll like it! 😊

You will love it. Wp8.1 comes preloaded on it if you want a stable official build of wp10 just download windows upgrade advisor and follow the prompts. Have fun. The wait is worth it!!

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Nothing but good experiences so far. I thought my 640 had great battery life, but the battery life on this one is even better! I'm waiting for a blue shell and TPU case to arrive, but until then, I'm happy rocking the glossy white shell it came with.

I have the blue TPU and omg it makes the phone look so much more expensive then the ?300 I paid for it. Is it the XL version you have yes? 😊

ce_tx

May 7, 2015
Visit site
I have the blue TPU and omg it makes the phone look so much more expensive then the ?300 I paid for it. Is it the XL version you have yes? 😊

Yes, I've upgraded from the 640 to the 640 XL. The TPU case I ordered is transparent gray, so my blue shell will look like a darker blue, I guess. Or if it fits the white glossy shell, I'll use it with that too.

This is my first "phablet" if you want to call it that. It is soooo much easier to type on than the smaller phones I've had. I've finally seen the light! :confused:

Dato Zaqariashvili

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I have lumia 640 XL for 13 months. Only my complains are indoor photo quality and single led flash isn't strong enough. F1.9 aperture and dual led flash would be nice :))).

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have lumia 640 XL for 13 months. Only my complains are indoor photo quality and single led flash isn't strong enough. F1.9 aperture and dual led flash would be nice :))).

Yes the dual led would if been handy but I have found if you change the shutter speed to 0.3 or 1 the pics in lowlight are much better.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I've upgraded from the 640 to the 640 XL. The TPU case I ordered is transparent gray, so my blue shell will look like a darker blue, I guess. Or if it fits the white glossy shell, I'll use it with that too.

This is my first "phablet" if you want to call it that. It is soooo much easier to type on than the smaller phones I've had. I've finally seen the light! :confused:

So happy for you I hope it brings you many months / years of fun. Yes this phablet does pack a punch!! 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077