This getting annoying big time. Anyone having this issue?

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone.

So I been having a little issue with playing games and it only happens while playing games. I notice randomly when I'm playing any game that when holding W down for a period of time it becomes unresponsive that I'd have to press the W again then everything works fine for a while then it happens again while in any game happens every few mins id say about every 10 to perhaps 20 mins depending sometimes not at all. I tried different USB ports same results. I've tried 2 keyboards both having same issues one was a few months old and the other one was brand new which was a plug and play no software needed. I do have the latest bios also tried downgrading bios and that just cause GPU fps to drop and went back to latest bios. I've also reinstall Windows 11 and reinstall everything with minimal programs to at least run games and have graphic card working along with sound card. And the issue is still there. I had went back to Windows 10. Though it appears a windows update now has also cause the effect I was having on Windows 11. It's annoying I can't get it to stop becoming unresponsive. I turn off every Overlay while playing games and it still happens. Im just mind blown on why is it happening and whats the cause. All the other keys while playing shooting games are not affected at all which is odd or at least I don't believe so. I mainly use W to move forward since that how shooting games are. Any insights? Cause Im running out of ideas on what to do for my desktop.

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
Seems program compatibility or software glitch... Try in uninstalling and after computer restart again install that may be your problem will be solved...

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Seems program compatibility or software glitch... Try in uninstalling and after computer restart again install that may be your problem will be solved...

But I can't think of what it may be. I had just the bare software that needed from like nvidia an such. I wish I could pin point it and I can't. Only programs I have is just Origin and steam and my games and HWINFO64 and MSI Center and ICUE and Razer software.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
You could try uninstalling/reinstalling your various games and launchers. As a wild guess, you could try turning off Windows Game Bar just in case there's some sort of bug that's being activated. And if you have sticky keys set up, you could try turning that off too.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
You could try uninstalling/reinstalling your various games and launchers. As a wild guess, you could try turning off Windows Game Bar just in case there's some sort of bug that's being activated. And if you have sticky keys set up, you could try turning that off too.

I was looking online more to see what I find. From what I gather it may have been cause of Origin. I'm trying the EA Desktop app beta to see if that resolves the issue.

Update: So far the issue has been resolved.

Thanks for the tip though.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs