This is how I managed to OneDrive/XboxMusic work properly.

Zapella Tiago

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm gonna share how I made to this integration work properly.

1 - Open Xbox Music (http://music.xbox.com/) through my browser, open Settings, and (Remove all Xbox Music Pass catalog);
2 - Deleted all my music from my phone (I've made a backup);
3 - Open XBM on my phone to see if all musics are gone;
4 - On my PC I "fix" my musics Tag/Album Art with MP3Tag desktop application (see below);
5 - Open OneDrive on Chrome browser and drag some albums folders (just for test to see how XboxM handle with);
6 - Open XBM (enable streaming music) and wait XBM do "his" job;

* Xbox Music uses the tag AlbumArtist (available to edit from Mp3Tag) to group your music collection. If your album/mp3 doesn't have this tag, your album will be showed as "Unknown Artist", even if the tag Artist is filled. MP3tag it's super easy to use, you can set a AlbumArt to an entire album with just some clicks, auto-numeration and etc.

You can check with File Explorer if your tags and album art are all set.

album.PNG

album2.PNG

MP3Tag Download: Mp3tag - Download

Sorry about poor English. Hope I've help some new users.

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Very well-explained. All my music is organized via TagScanner much the same way--I may try this again.

My main difference is that I use Windows Explorer to move music to Onedrive, not Chrome. I don't think that would make a difference (the last time I tried, Xbox Music on different PCs saw my music fine--it was only on WP that it saw just a few songs). Likewise, genre information was cut off.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Zapella.

Will MP3Tag fix tabs on music already stored in OneDrive?

Here's why I ask. A couple of months ago, I moved all of my music to OneDrive when I bought a new computer (I hope that with the cloud, the tedious task of moving big data every time I buy new hardware is behind me.) Anyway, if I need to fix music tags I would like to do it directly on the cloud (instead of, I suppose, downloading it, fixing the tags and uploading it again.) Will that work?

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Zapella.

Will MP3Tag fix tabs on music already stored in OneDrive?

Here's why I ask. A couple of months ago, I moved all of my music to OneDrive when I bought a new computer (I hope that with the cloud, the tedious task of moving big data every time I buy new hardware is behind me.) Anyway, if I need to fix music tags I would like to do it directly on the cloud (instead of, I suppose, downloading it, fixing the tags and uploading it again.) Will that work?

I'm fairly certain that'll work provided you make those edits on whatever your OneDrive host computer is (though I guess it's possible that if you've got OneDrive set to full synchronization on all your PCs, you can do it to any one). It's something you could test--make some major edits to one song, then see if the changes are reflected on a different device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea