Those with battery issues read this please!

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I noticed significant battery drainage on my Lumia 1520. I am currently looking at my screen with 90% battery life remaining. Estimated time remaining: 11 hours. I have Battery saver off at all time. I turned off wifi. I have Bluetooth on. I am a heavy user. I constantly play games (Throne wars and Cloud Raiders). I wake up at 7.30 with phone charged overnight (12-7.30) and I have to charge it in the office since I will be using it heavily throughout the day. Is there anything I do wrong? Why all people here could charge their phone once every two days? I am with WP 8.1, AT&T, microSD sandisk class 10. Could it be the microSD causing this? Please help.

Tried everything that I could. I just did soft reset, the battery jumped from 90% to 100%, but the estimated is still 12 hours. opened 2 mins apart, it dropped 2% to 98% now. :(((( darn it.. why?

You are not going to get days out of each charge if your using the phone all the time. I get about 12 hours screen on time but I don't play games so most of my screen on time is web browsing, checking emails and a couple of hours video.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I noticed significant battery drainage on my Lumia 1520. I am currently looking at my screen with 90% battery life remaining. Estimated time remaining: 11 hours. I have Battery saver off at all time. I turned off wifi. I have Bluetooth on. I am a heavy user. I constantly play games (Throne wars and Cloud Raiders). I wake up at 7.30 with phone charged overnight (12-7.30) and I have to charge it in the office since I will be using it heavily throughout the day. Is there anything I do wrong? Why all people here could charge their phone once every two days? I am with WP 8.1, AT&T, microSD sandisk class 10. Could it be the microSD causing this? Please help.

View attachment 69389
View attachment 69390

Tried everything that I could. I just did soft reset, the battery jumped from 90% to 100%, but the estimated is still 12 hours. opened 2 mins apart, it dropped 2% to 98% now. :(((( darn it.. why?

Oh look..... The battery drain king, Whatsapp, is running in the background. There's your problem!!!!!

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site

View attachment 69389
View attachment 69390

I mean, you can see right there what's using your battery. Games obviously heat your device, which isn't good for battery life. Why do you allow games to run in the background? Are they multiplayer? Then, you have 2 messaging services. Messaging services are known for eating battery life.

Also, if you are often on a good Wifi signal, don't turn it off. If you're rarely on Wifi, then it is probably best its off.

Ichigo

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Hmm.. please clarify the background allowance meaning? say that I dont allow the game or LINE or Whatsapp to run in the background, does it mean I have to open the apps for me to receive message? In other word, the "instant message" feature will not be there?

I have glance off already.

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hmm.. please clarify the background allowance meaning? say that I dont allow the game or LINE or Whatsapp to run in the background, does it mean I have to open the apps for me to receive message? In other word, the "instant message" feature will not be there?

I have glance off already.

Not entirely sure about that, personally never tried it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz