Tilt Sensitivity - Microsoft Surface Studio

Amalachi

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I just purchased a Microsoft Surface Studio to replace my old work station. It is amazing and I love using it. HOWEVER, I'm debating on keeping it because there is no pen tilt sensitivity.

Is this something that can be added later? Is it something Microsoft is considering addressing? I would totally buy a separate pen if that solved the issue.

I have 15 days to decide if I'm keeping it or not. I do a lot of digital drawing/painting. Not having this feature is big deal. Pen tilt might be a deal breaker for me.

Other things I don't like that aren't necessarily deal breakers:

Right click: Having to press the right click button while hovering, then click the screen with the pen nib. Right click should just be right click.

Illustrator blob brush: Doesn't work correctly. Ideally, more pressure = more ink. The flow starts as a huge blob and THEN pressure sensitivity kicks in.

cocopops

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I just purchased a Microsoft Surface Studio to replace my old work station. It is amazing and I love using it. HOWEVER, I'm debating on keeping it because there is no pen tilt sensitivity.

Is this something that can be added later? Is it something Microsoft is considering addressing? I would totally buy a separate pen if that solved the issue.

I have 15 days to decide if I'm keeping it or not. I do a lot of digital drawing/painting. Not having this feature is big deal. Pen tilt might be a deal breaker for me.

Other things I don't like that aren't necessarily deal breakers:

Right click: Having to press the right click button while hovering, then click the screen with the pen nib. Right click should just be right click.

Illustrator blob brush: Doesn't work correctly. Ideally, more pressure = more ink. The flow starts as a huge blob and THEN pressure sensitivity kicks in.

Hey,

Microsoft just announced the new Surface Pro and the Pen has Tilt Sensitivity :).

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Your wish has been granted today! new surface pen has tilt sensitivity, 4096 pressure level, and 21ms latency making it "the fastest digital pen on the planet" according to Panos in today's Microsoft Event in Shanghai. It's compatible with surface 3, surface pro 3 and above.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs