Tmobile Wp7

BryceAndress

May 31, 2012
Visit site
So im getting a WP7 phone soon and im on tmobile. Is thte HTC Hd7 still my best option? Or what in your opion is the best? For the current price of the HD7 I dont think it can be beat

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The best on T-Mo would be the Nokia Lumia 710. There's also the HTC Radar 4G, but it doesn't have access to the great Nokia Apps. The HD7 is a first generation device, while the Lumia 710 and Radar 4G are second generation.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
If you need more than 8GB storage (which is about 6.5 at most on first boot), then the HD7 is your only choice on T-Mobile. Both the Radar and the Lumia are only 8GB devices.

Also, the Lumia is missing the FFC. You can buy apps, but you cannot buy missing hardware.

I'd go with the Radar over the Lumia if you think you may find use for the FFC. It also has a bigger battery than the Lumia. You can buy offline maps from HTC, since that's really the main draw for Nokia's phones (the offline Maps).

And I'd go with the HD7 if you think you will need more than 6.5GB space, but it has a worse screen and smaller battery than both the Lumia and Radar, has no FFC, and is missing gyroscope.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Like if he gets an unlocked AT&T (or international) device.

Oh, well then, there's no question: Lumia 900 or Titan II.

By the way, I just upgraded my phone from the HD7 to Lumia 710 last night. Wow, what an upgrade! Really. There's a huge difference and all but one item is good! The only downgrade is the loss of capacitive buttons for the physical buttons on the front. Oh well...it's much, much faster and the screen is a lot more clear and vibrant.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
If you enjoy USING your phone AND having it last more than a few hours, DO NOT BUY AN HD7!!! I'm typing this on my HD7. It's plugged in at 10 am my time, as I have been up since 6 and listened to music (onboard, not streamed) for 1? hours and browsed the internet (just Facebook and tech blogs, no videos or anything) for for about 15 minutes and left it untouched for the other 2? hours, and that dropped it from 100% to just over 50%...

The Lumia has a faster processor, can accommodate a BP-4L 1500mah battery without modification or a larger battery cover, and has the best exclusive apps, as well as the clear-black screen(readable in direct sunlight). It also has the best signal strength and call quality of the T-Mo WPs.

The Radar has the only FFC of the bunch, as well as the best main camera of the T-Mo options, and the best battery life of any WP to date on any carrier. Also, while not as impressive as the Nokia suite of apps, the HTC exclusive apps are good. Sound Enhancer is amazing. The SRS setting can make music sound incredible through $2 earbuds-and I'm a former recording studio tech. (read: extremely picky on sound quality) The Photo Enhancer has some cool filters, and the HTC Hub is, IMO, the best weather app on the marketplace. It would be my choice if I wasn't so burnt on HTC because of my HD7.

Please don't buy an HD7.

Last edited:

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Oh, well then, there's no question: Lumia 900 or Titan II.

By the way, I just upgraded my phone from the HD7 to Lumia 710 last night. Wow, what an upgrade! Really. There's a huge difference and all but one item is good! The only downgrade is the loss of capacitive buttons for the physical buttons on the front. Oh well...it's much, much faster and the screen is a lot more clear and vibrant.

How does battery life compare? At $255 outright from Rogers here in Canada, the 710 is extremely tempting, especially considering how unhappy I am with my HD7...

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
How does battery life compare? At $255 outright from Rogers here in Canada, the 710 is extremely tempting, especially considering how unhappy I am with my HD7...

I didn't realize how unhappy I was with my HD7 until I used this Lumia 710 as my primary phone. As far as battery life, well, I can't answer that just yet. But it seems to be better. Give me a few more days and I can answer that better. I got my Lumia 710 used from eBay for $150. It's great!

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so battery life on the Lumia 710 is better than an HD7. But not by much. The Lumia 710 sure is a *lot* faster, though. I think I might have to do the BP-4L battery modification that Freestaterocker mentioned.

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
If you can deal with the smaller screen and memory the Radar is the best.
Radar- best camera by far / has a front facing camera.
Nokia 710- bad camera / no front facing camera
HD7- Big screen / double the memory / bad camera / no front facing camera
?No Tmobile phones have a gyroscope
Nokia 900 can't be unlocked yet for tmobile.
Titan 2 can be unlocked but only 2G speeds and NO MMS.
I personally have HD7, Radar, Dell Venue Pro, Titan 2 and the Nokia 900 cyan (which is for sale).
I rotate between my HD7 and Titan 2.
People will say Nokia has the apps. I personally like the HTC branded apps better but that's just a personal preference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb