To people that had issues with their phone, will you buy the next Lumia phone this fall?

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I am addressing this question to the users that had issues (hardware/software) with their phones, will you buy the next one?
Did you receive a solution for your problem? Were you satisfied with the fix you received? Will you give Microsoft another chance?

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I will. I love Lumia, just not too happy about the rumours about the phones not having a metallic edge around like the 925, 930 and 830. I will be sticking with my 930 until they release something similar

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Without the following am afraid I will pass:

USB mobile data tethering
Use/saving of contacts on sim card or phone
... I do not see myself having another go.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
By the way I did have issues at first with the 930 with that purple thing but got resolved pretty quickly. Just won't feel the same holding a Lumia without the Nokia logo on it. They should have kept the Nokia logo for as long as they could to help boost sales as Nokia is very well trusted in Europe, Asia Africa and south america outside of the US basically. Then gradually fade in the Microsoft logo.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
It would really have to be something special. I have L1520 and it does pretty much everything I want. I do not need a higher screen resolution than full HD, it has an SD card, I do not mind that it is bulky and relatively heavy, it's not a phone for wimps :p

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I bought Lumia 630 dual sim for 180 US $ when it was released in the very beginning sale of the device as I wanted to use latest Lumia at that time and I couldn't afford for Lumia 930, now I can get the one brand new with even for 60-65$ , I think Nokia/Microsoft cheated us.
The build quality is nice, but the gap between screen Gorilla glass 3 and front corners of the phone is much and is an issue, the creaking of phone can be felt in some areas when pressed with medium pressure, the software buttons cannot be hidden it is also annoying, the back light bleeds in the screen corners, particularly in the uppermost part of the screen while with white background, the camera is not as good as other 5 MP cameras in other Smartphones.
The apps are not very much quality ones and many popular apps are not in par with those with other Mobile OSes and the resuming, loading screen while switching between apps is very annoying, and the Lumia 630 also hangs sometimes.
I am considering buying new phone only if the Lumia has smooth OS, all wanted qualitative apps to be found in Windows 10 store, no resuming and loading screens, hardware with no serious faults, zero gaps between screen and frames, solid build quality, nice camera with dual tone dual led flash, latest processors(except octa core processors, Snapdragon 615 and 810), Gorilla glass 4, and price around 300 US $.
And I am using Windows 10 TP on my device now, and I want some serious revolutionary change in OS and apps quality and availability (which I haven't seen much) which I hope would be seen around it's Final Release( I hope).

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've not seen any issues that would qualify me for your poll I guess. I'm passing this fall as my 1520 still works like a BOSS.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I will as I've been dealing with a 1520 with a cracked screen for about 5 months already and wont spend money to down grade. So as soon as att get new phone ill pick it up

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers