Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

FranchiseSIX5

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
wasn't this update supposed to start a long time ago? what in the world is going on with Microsoft. Can't seem to get anything out on time and what does come out seems so screwed up (1st xbox music and now the Calendar app) that it has me seriously questioning my loyalty to the brand. They could at least quit all the cloak and dagger crap and come out and admit their mistakes and tell the already very low percentage of wp users what is going on. I do feel like they at least owe us that

Relax dude. You are a little self entitled, aren't you.

Here is a solution. Don't buy Microsoft products if you are so unhappy with them. I happen to love my Windows phone and it prevents me from being in the circle of Lemmings over at Apple.

Maybe you should try them. They seem to handle your type quite nicely.

Teeeerex

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Well, it seems to be the Cyan update since the version is 8.10.******.........

No. Although the official update updates the OS and the firmware in one go, these are still two updates, and Cyan is purely Nokia's device firmware. Detectionable is on Developer Preview 8.1, and it just got updated. Cyan firmware version numbers can be seen here, where it is available. They start with 3058. Black starts with 3056.

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Could I put a vodaphone sim in my phone to update to cyan as its not released for ee yet

The availability is not down to the SIM card, but the version of your phone, whether it is CV (Country Variant) or locked to a carrier. Changing the SIM card will make no difference.

If you go Settings > about and click 'more information, it is the firmware revision number you need to look at, then check it on Software update for Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8 - Nokia and the region (you might have to check through a region other than your own if bought sim-free online, for example) and that will tell you the status.

Hope this helps

mikelo90

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Everyone is forgetting that most European countries (actually, I think it's all of them except for Italy) still haven't got Cyan for Lumia 720 CV.
You're all talking about 525 and 820 not getting it, but I feel like crying for my poor 720.

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Everyone is forgetting that most European countries (actually, I think it's all of them except for Italy) still haven't got Cyan for Lumia 720 CV.
You're all talking about 525 and 820 not getting it, but I feel like crying for my poor 720.

my 820 has not felt the love. It was the forgotten model for a long time. Still waiting impatiently!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElderVanhoy