Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

Joaquim Reis

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
we are talking about OS update not firmware update. Firmware updates are for hardware. We are talking about software. The WP OS.
Cyan os both OS and firmware, but since the software os more than tested (930 already runs it), the thing thats missing os the firmware included on cyan. Thats what will correct some bugs at this point.

You do realize that the most selling WP8 is the 520 and 920? Don't be surprised if MS decides to release the update for them before other models

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

Yes i do realise that, but MS cant forget who were the ones who spent a lot of money recently on their smartphones. Lumia 920 and 925 are great phones but nowadays are far from flagships (i too owned a 920, that i traded for my actual 1520), so i hope MS respects us too

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
MS respects every user but they don't want to spoil their high end device with bugs and defect. So they might first check it on so called flagship devices now that may be 920 or 925 or 1020
Lumia 925 India

cocotutch

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Many of you are misunderstanding the rollout process. A phone manufacturer would not distribute a buggy release even to low end devices.

More likely, is that they are staggering the rollout so the servers don't get hammered too hard.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Many of you are misunderstanding the rollout process. A phone manufacturer would not distribute a buggy release even to low end devices.

More likely, is that they are staggering the rollout so the servers don't get hammered too hard.
Yes, that makes sense. It would not be good if their servers crashed due to excessive activity.

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

Of course everyone knows this and that is why they release update to devices one by one... Microsoft finished on their end but Nokia does not seem to catch up to their pace..

Darren Mozo

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
hello..
i also got a trial lumia 820.
when i connect it to computer it says lumia 825.
it has Firmware 1232.2107.1241.1000
oS ver. 8.0.9903.10

i dont know how to get the variant product code.
I am totally clueless about everything.
I am a newbie. I have read there is no OTA update myphone will receive.
All i want is to update my phone Manually to a latest software. if available maybe 8.1? can anybody help me?

cocotutch

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
hello..
i also got a trial lumia 820.
when i connect it to computer it says lumia 825.
it has Firmware 1232.2107.1241.1000
oS ver. 8.0.9903.10

i dont know how to get the variant product code.
I am totally clueless about everything.
I am a newbie. I have read there is no OTA update myphone will receive.
All i want is to update my phone Manually to a latest software. if available maybe 8.1? can anybody help me?

This is both the wrong, and correct thread.

Your phone WILL get the update when it comes out.

But for now, you can install the Developer Preview of Windows Phone 8.1. Or you can wait.

Thanks!

Razp

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Unlocked 925 here, no updates yet.
From their FB page:
"Nokia Portugal A atualiza??o Lumia Cyan, dispon?vel este ver?o, ir? trazer o Windows Phone 8.1 para os dispositivos Lumia com WP8. Obrigado."

"Nokia Portugal Lumia Cyan update, available this summer, will deliver Windows Phone 8.1 to Lumia devices running WP8. Thanks."

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
You do realize that the most selling WP8 is the 520 and 920? Don't be surprised if MS decides to release the update for them before other models

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

Exactly. The more guinea pigs, the faster the bugs will be fixed.

Staggered release is of course to address server issue. But the logic of which device comes first is what puzzles some.

cheers!

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
After several similar answers... My L1520 that I plan to buy... Even if it is chinese model- I can flash european firmware and it would be all ok, right?
Is this transition permanent then?

If you flash a Chinese L1520 with a European ROM, all further OTA updates will be for the European ROM. Just make sure the RM-xxx numbers are same.

It is not permanent, you can flash back whenever you want.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
A French operator (SFR) has tipped, last week, that 8.1 is coming to their 925 and 625 today. Nothing so far. And I've discovered that my so-called unbranded 1020 is branded (and unsimlocked) ; my operator is not SFR and has not announced any date or anything on 8.1 :(

Rei Zanaliu

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I hope it won't be last to get the cyan like it happend during black update. Lumia 925 might be 1st in India i guess to get the cyan update. Can't wait for the firmware update on my lumia 925. I hope they solve battery issue and heating issue.

i flashed my L925 with a finnish firmware and got the cyan update but im sorry to inform you that neither the battery nor the heating issue are solved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlizaForbes