treo 800W inserting or booting with memory card freezes phone

djqwik

Jul 10, 2002
Visit site
I have a strange issue on my 800W and I HOPE someone can help. I woke up this morning and my phone was frozen. I removed the battery to do a soft reset but the phone stays stuck at the green windows mobile screen. I then removed the memory card and did a soft reset again and it booted up. I then re-inserted the memory card, heard the DING you hear when you insert the card and then the phone was frozen again. I removed the card, herd the DING for removal but the phone was still frozen. I can turn it on and off and remove the keyguard but cant do anything else. I tried a different memory card and it booted fine so it has to be something with the memory card. I can plug in the sync cable and it will SYNC so the phone must not be totally frozen.... I just cant the press the menu key

I copied everything off the card, reformatted and loaded everything back on. Same issue. Is there ANY WAY I can see a log or find out WHAT is causing the 800W to freeze when it either boots with this memory card or the memory card is inserted after booting?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
It appears that your card and the treo have decided not to get along. I would suspect in all reality that there is a corrupted file among the contents of yoour sd card and that is causing the problem.

djqwik

Jul 10, 2002
Visit site
What I did today was copy all of the card to my desktop on my PC, format the card and one by one copy files back. I do not know what caused the error but it is back working. Are there any type of logs that I can see what would be freezing the treo?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon