Tunein radio issues, stuttering, buffering and not playing

loki993

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I have an icon running the developers 8.1
So Im trying to stream radio stations on tunein radio and it works terribly. When the stream doe actually play it will stutter and skip, it will do that for a few seconds and then just go into a buffering loop. I even tored different streams of the station and got pretty much the same results. My signal is fine, I have full LTE so speed isnt not the problem. Also its just tunein radio....youtube Pandora and mix radio work fine.

Anyone else having this issue? This is an app I used a lot on the android phone and Id really like to be able to use it on the widows phone too but right now its absolutely useless.

BB_Jay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I think it's a TuneInRadio thing. I had issues with that app when I used BlackBerry.

Same story here. I ended up deleting it on my Blackberry and used Nobex Radio instead. Sadly, there are no other streaming options for live radio on WP at the moment. My office is like Fort Knox, so I cant use the FM tuner on the phone as I'm unable to get a signal while at work...

lylone

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue with iheart radio running off wifi on Dev 8.1. I switched back to nonDev 8.0 and have had no issues.

loki993

May 6, 2014
Visit site
iheartradio

Iheart is good for some stations,, however, there are a lot of stations in my local area that I cant get through iheart. Hopefully, tunein eventually fixes their app...

I think that's why I don't use Iheart...the stations I listen to aren't on there...

I had the same issue with iheart radio running off wifi on Dev 8.1. I switched back to nonDev 8.0 and have had no issues.

So maybe Cyan will fix it

Damon Jackson3

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 521 with WP8.1 developers preview, and I'm having the exact same issues you describe. I've had this device for 11 months now, and this just started happening in the past 2 weeks. I've been on 8.1 approximately 6 weeks.

I have a strong cellular signal and every other streaming app (iHeart Radio, Pandora) performs as it should. Tunein works properly only when using wifi. I've also tried several stations on Tunein via the cellular network and they all perform the same. The app is totally useless at this point using the cellular network.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app to no avail.

BB_Jay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 521 with WP8.1 developers preview, and I'm having the exact same issues you describe. I've had this device for 11 months now, and this just started happening in the past 2 weeks. I've been on 8.1 approximately 6 weeks.

I have a strong cellular signal and every other streaming app (iHeart Radio, Pandora) performs as it should. Tunein works properly only when using wifi. I've also tried several stations on Tunein via the cellular network and they all perform the same. The app is totally useless at this point using the cellular network.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app to no avail.

I testes it on wifi at home today and noticed the same, it worked perfectly. It only stutters when using a cellular signal...even with full bars. Frustrating

Damon Jackson3

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I went back to version 2.2 from 3.0 and it's taken care of the stuttering and skipping when using cellular data. It's available on the app store however WP Central won't let me post a link because I don't have enough posting history. :angry:

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
The version of TuneIn on my Android tablet has an option to delay live playback by five seconds to help smooth out streaming hiatuses. Perhaps the version for WM would benefit from such an option?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte