ultimate reason to own Surface laptop

Dillan K

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
In my opinion, this would be a wonderful device to own for its compact size, its allegedly excellent battery life, and its 3:2 proportioned screen, which would be perfect for photo viewing (my camera has a 3:2 size sensor). Also, I'd look like a trend setter sitting at Starbucks sipping my No-Foam Extra-Hot Skinny Latté. You know I want to do that.

RECATE

May 13, 2017
Visit site
It is full of all the advance and latest technology. VArious applications run smoothly on it. Very useful product for developers. Its look is awesome. All surface products are way better than current market products. Surface laptops detachable screen is most brilliant feature.

abrichman

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I have really enjoyed my SP2 as my throw-in-the bag device but it's aging. At this point, without the power assist from the powered keyboard (which pushes me over 3lbs), I am battery constrained to about 2.5 hours. That's ok for having a quick meeting or watching an 30 minute episode on Netflix but it doesn't leave much to spare. This speaks to the fragility of MS' approach with having a machine I cannot swap a battery out with... so that's a strike against MS and a strike for the SL 3-4 years from now too.

As it stands today, it seems like it's a significant improvement in battery life, power, same weight, huge screen upgrade and - for me now - a more desirable form factor. I just cannot see what's not to love about the SL.

kashgohel

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
I would say the thinness of the design. I couldnt believe it but its nearly three times thinner than most laptops I see in my architecture class.

The other reason would be the great battery life despite having top of the line i7 processors. Our university has really dilapidated infrastructure in our architecture studio, with a class of 80 students sharing 6 power points (sockets). So having a device like this would mean I can continue working without having to bargain with fellow classmates over sharing a power socket. :)

ripkurl

May 13, 2017
Visit site
I have a Samsung Notebook 9 which is portable but has poor battery life. It seems the Surface Laptop is good on both and that is a big +.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
1. Great design
2. Great battery life
3. Windows 10 S (though I will probably upgrade to Pro if I get one)
4. First party hardware and support
5. Modern hardware (if we don't consider the missing USB-C port).

Dominik523

May 13, 2017
Visit site
For me it's: light, very portable, great battery life, 13 inch sounds good (15 inch can be clunky sometimes), good specs for the cheapest version, runs Windows 10 that is getting more awesome with upcoming project Neon.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I mean that Microsoft cares about their reputation and wants to make their customers' experience the best possible, which includes support. I also meant that I expect them to release firmware and OS updates for quite a long time (Surface Pro 4 to my knowledge got one like a month or two ago if I am not senile and it's over a year old).

secher

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm replacing my first gen Zenbook i7 and will be switching to either a Surface Laptop or a Pro 5. I want a Surface device, and am waiting impatiently for the announce the next Pro... The ultimate reason is design and quality. I want a device that will last me 3-5 years...

pswurtz

May 13, 2017
Visit site
Honestly I just need a nice portable device to get my writing done on the go. I live a busy life and Surface devices are honestly the best option as far as efficiency goes.

Ravishankar M

May 13, 2017
Visit site
Long battery life in a compact body without compromising on performance is why I would get the surface book. The beautiful design is an icing on the cake

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deryl McCarty