Unable to Comment on Blog Items

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This has been happening to me for quite some time now and I've usually just given up without commenting, or just used the app on my phone.

For the WC blog entries, I'm invited to "log in to comment", even though I'm already logged into the forums via my Passport account. Clicking the link to log into the front page does nothing except refresh the page - I can see it redirecting through the Passport service, but the login never actually happens, even though I can navigate through to the forums and see that I'm logged in there.

While I'm here, the "User Account / Passport Login Support" sub-forum is dead, the link goes nowhere and the sub-forum should be removed or fixed.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This is from the web site on a desktop PC running Windows 7 and IE11.

Same thing happens running Firefox.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@Pete - my apologies for the delay. Was away last week :)

I'm still unable to reproduce the problem. Would you be able to screenshot the steps you take so that I can run our tech team through it? I'll get them to test on IE, FF and some others as well...

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No problem James. I'm being somewhat infrequent myself.

It's a difficult one to screen-grab.

All I do on the blog items is hit the "Log In to Comment" link. I see that the web page redirects through the Passport service, and the WC blog page refreshes. When I scroll down again to comment, the "Log In to Comment" link is still there. If I hit the forum link, I'm in the forums and logged in as normal.

I only use Passport to log in, I'm not linked to any other service.

WCF.PNG

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. And after you click the login link (the first time), you are properly logged in and see your avatar at the top left of the screen?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No.

WC front page:
WCFP.PNG

WC Forum page:
WCFM.PNG

If I click from one site to the other, my avatar will appear and disappear accordingly - I get no prompt to log in to Passport when swapping.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. Can you try logging out, and then clearing your browser cache. Open a new window and try again. Am thinking you may have some old files cached on your system... I've encountered the same problem before as well.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I've done that a few times already (I do this regularly as part of my day job).

The fact that the same thing happens on Firefox too implies that it's something on the server side?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yenofenny