unable to reverse registry to use admin account

Mar 26, 2022
Visit site
Per the instructions in this article I was able to hide my admin account, but now there is now as I follow the same steps in an attempt to change the value to 1 as instructed, it doesn't allow me to reverse it from regular user account. please help. Also system admin option unavailable, only shows no option button.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-hide-specific-user-accounts-sign-screen-windows-10

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
Tweaking Registry may results in unusual consequences. As shown in the article also that...

Important: Before you make any changes, make sure to understand that you'll be modifying the Windows registry, which could be a dangerous game that can cause irreversible damage to your computer when changes are not done properly. It's recommended that you do a full backup of your system before proceeding. You've been warned!

Reboot the PC in Safe Mode
1. First, press the Windows logo key + I shortcut to open the Settings menu.
2. Next, go to the Update & Security section and then select the Recovery tab.
3. Under the “Advanced startup” area, click on the “Restart now” button.
4. As the system attempts to reboot, a list of options will appear on your screen. Choose the Troubleshoot option.
5. Then, navigate to Advanced options > Startup Settings.
6. Under Startup Settings, you will see the different versions of Safe Mode available.
7. Choose “Enable Safe Mode with Networking”.
8. Windows will be in Safe Mode after restarting the system.

Then, follow the next few steps to enable the Admin account feature:
1. Press the Windows logo and R keys simultaneously.
2. Type “lusrmgr.msc” (no quotes) into the Run dialog box, and then click OK to run it.
3. The Lusrmgr (Local Users and Groups) menu will open. After that, double-click on Users and explore the faulty account.
4. As the Properties menu comes up, check if the “Account is disabled” option is enabled. If it is, uncheck the box beside it.
5. Lastly, click Apply > OK, and then check if your account has changed to the administrator account.

Hoping your problem will be solved...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo