Unable to update to Amber through NCS

JohnnyB6

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I am trying to update my Lumia 520 (Rm-914) with the latest firmware found by the Nokia Care suite (installed on Windows 7 64b) - without sucess.

Below is the actual update found in this case:
NCS firmware version.GIF

I have followed the steps from this post: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/236327-nokia-lumia-eu-rom-gdr2-amber-download-link.html

The problem is when I am connecting the phone (turned off) to the PC via USB cable - I am holding the Down volume keyboard, an exclamation sign appears, I press again Retry in NCS - but the phone is actually rebooting itself, no update made in this case.

Do you have any idea why is this not working :unhappysweat:?

Thank you in advance,
JohnnyB.

Last edited:

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
That firmware version that is showing you is not Amber. Amber Update start with 3046.XXXX.XXXX.XXXX,

that firmware above is 1306 which is portico/gdr1.

In other words GRD2/Amber has not been released yet for your specific phone or region or carrier..

JohnnyB6

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
But on the Nokia's page, Availability in Europe - Nokia , under "Romania" (for Country Variant), you may find the same version as the one found above:
Romania
Product Description Latest version Lumia Amber update
Lumia 520 Country variant 1030.6409.1314.1001 Waiting for approval

Why we have this version there?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Because that is version that is shipping with them currently in your Country and not gdr2/amber.

Waiting for Approval means just that, once it has been approved by Nokia and your Country then gdr2/amber will be released in your country.

Not sure what else to tell you, you have to wait on Nokia once again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750