Unbrand your phone and get Cyan on CV 1320

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I am on UK's worst network for updates - EE. Since 1320 CV version has Cyan rolled out, I didn't want to wait till Christmas to get this.

I've unbranded my 1320 with 3 simple steps found here - [Tutorial] Unbrand (flash) Nokia Windows Pho… | Windows Phone 8 | XDA Forum

If you are in the UK, you need a EU CV ROM. Product is RM_994 and product code is 059V762.

If you are already on DP8.1 and are going to downgrade to WP8.0 anyway, I suggest downgrading to that ROM and firmware, which is unlocked, carrier free for European users. Then looking for update. It updates 3 times in total and you will be on Cyan! By end of this week if all the rumours are true, you should also have UK Cortana on it! ;)

Ethan Pearce1

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Trying this now in UK hope the update is there as it wasn't earlier today on the Lumia 1320

And its still not, wish people would stop posting that's its available when its not

cyan update is not available

Last edited by a moderator:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I said "It is EU ROM" - Cyan for CV ROMs have rolled out in many EU countries. If you are on "ANY" branded handset in the UK - you can unbrand it using this CV EU ROM and then if your country has Cyan - you get it. If not you wait for it.

Idea is - if you are going to downgrade anyway to get Cyan - you better downgrade AND unbrand your phone so even in future you can get all CV ROM udpates which are generally BEFORE any carrier approvals.

lionofthesouth

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I am being thick.I am in the UK, my handset is unbranded. I rolled back to 8.0 from the DP.

In the Data Package Browser I see the firmware is:
RM-994 VAR EURO GB CV
059V762

Which is what you said to use. Do I need to trick it somehow to think I am in a EU country other than UK and download that countries firmware?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I am being thick.I am in the UK, my handset is unbranded. I rolled back to 8.0 from the DP.

In the Data Package Browser I see the firmware is:
RM-994 VAR EURO GB CV
059V762

Which is what you said to use. Do I need to trick it somehow to think I am in a EU country other than UK and download that countries firmware?

There are two ways to do this. Euro GB CV (for UK) users or Euro XX CV (for XX European country). I have grabbed a Finnish Euro CV on my phone in UK. There are links floating in "Official Cyan for 1320" thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99