Unbranded ROM for different colour Lumia 1020

Gerhard de Clercq

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a White Lumia 1020 RM-875 with Middle East ROM but I live in South Africa and I want the Nokia Black update. Luckily in South Africa it is also RM-875 but the country variant firmware options are only available for Black or Yellow devices. Will I do any form of damage to my device if I were to say load the firmware for the black version on my white device?

Cheewii Poon

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it will make your Lumia 1020 change from white to grey.

Kidding, didn't understand this post at first. The answer is an absolute no, the colour of your device does not matter to anything, the software has no idea what colour your phone is, colour variants are not denoted in firmware version or any other software. The listing on the website is likely bad phrasing or an error.

Curious to know how exactly you're flashing the firmware on your phone though?

Gerhard de Clercq

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it will make your Lumia 1020 change from white to grey.

Kidding, didn't understand this post at first. The answer is an absolute no, the colour of your device does not matter to anything, the software has no idea what colour your phone is, colour variants are not denoted in firmware version or any other software. The listing on the website is likely bad phrasing or an error.

Curious to know how exactly you're flashing the firmware on your phone though?

Didn't think it would make a difference, just wanted to make sure. You get the firmware code here [ROM] Nokia Lumia 1020 + Product Type & Product Code - xda-developers and the instructions here [How To] Download and flash all Nokia Lumia Stock ROM - xda-developers. It's just very tricky to get the recovery process to start on a phone that is not actually bricked. You need the software to detect the phone at the exact time of the booting process but after about 10 tries I got it working. All your data will be gone though and you will have to restore a backup.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa