Uninstalled an app, but update needed for that app still showing in Store

skirush2014

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I am perplexed by this. I installed a game app for my toddler. It was lame, so I uninstalled it. However, I still see a message in My Store saying that the app needs my attention. When I go to the store, I notice that it's still asking for permission to access my location before it updates.

How can this be, if I uninstalled the app? Do I need to do anything else to completely delete it and/or stop this icon from appearing in my store.

I'm fairly new to windows phone, so forgive me if this seems easy.

thanks

SRLumia620

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
This definitely seems weird. never happened to me. Try a soft reset of the phone. *Not a hard reset! Hard reset would erase all your memory and format the phone, while a soft reset would not.
You can soft reset your phone by holding both the power and volume down buttons on your phone for about 10 seconds, assuming your phone is a lumia.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
This definitely seems weird. never happened to me. Try a soft reset of the phone. *Not a hard reset! Hard reset would erase all your memory and format the phone, while a soft reset would not.
You can soft reset your phone by holding both the power and volume down buttons on your phone for about 10 seconds, assuming your phone is a lumia.
I'm still getting used to this terminology. What the rest of the world calls a "reboot" the forum users here call a "soft reset" and what the rest of the world calls "reset to factory settings" is called a "hard reset."

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Here's the issue. If you have an app installed on your phone and the store shows an update for it, if you try uninstalling the app you still have to update (in this case reinstall the updated version) the app before you can delete it for good

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo