Unresponsive Lockscreen (update related?)

Simon Gregory

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
In the last couple of days I notice that my lock screen is unresponsive after bringing the phone out of 'Sleep' (On my N920).

What happens is that after pressing the side button, the lock screen wont slide up for a few seconds. Never had this before, and it doesn't happen every time.

Anybody else get this?

I've recently put on the new 1308 firmware update and updated to latest weather flow (which is my lock screen) - possibly it's related to one of those?

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Dont have either weather flow or 1308 but got the same problem occasionally. But not only at the lockscreen

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've already had that before, every few days.. definitely not 1308's error. And also not Weather Flow (how in earth should they affect it, it runs in Sandbox).

jesh462

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I bought a yellow 920 at the beginning of March. A couple weeks in and I started experiencing problems with an unresponsive lockscreen, and later, unresponsive screen in general.
It has now gotten to the point where the phone does not respond to anything but the physical buttons. I receive alerts for calls, text messages, bing lockscreen pics update, etc. The camera shoots pictures. However, that does me no good since the screen is completely unresponsive.
I've tried soft and hard resets.. I haven't tried flashing yet, but not holding my breath AT ALL.
I'm in an area away from home due to being active duty military and it's going to be tough trying to get this thing repaired if I can't fix it.:angry:
I'm very disappointed with Nokia right now. I bought this phone for reliability, and instead I got this mess.
1308 was never installed because I couldn't unlock my phone to do it.

Simon Gregory

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Jesh, that sounds pretty serious. Hope you get that sorted, sounds like you need to get that replaced when you can.
Mine is definitely a software thing and definitely only something that's started very recently for me. Thomas, apps may run in a sandbox, but this is specifically a lock screen issue for me, and Weather Flow is my dynamic lock screen app - which has also recently received an update. Not saying it's definitely that, but wanted to see if anybody else affected could help find a common cause.

illitero

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I've run into that issue a few times, but luckily enough for me locking/unlocking again brought it out of the issue. Sometimes I can unlock to an unresponsive home screen, haha. Hasn't been a consistent issue, though. I don't believe I've noticed it after recent update to 1314, though.

wezil18

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I know this is 2 years late but...

I've found the unresponsive wake up is from the Nokia's custom touch settings, specifically the double tap to wake up screen. After disabling that, I've had no problems with an unresponsive screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney