Update 8107 is now live

MangoGuy

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

Just to let everyone know, if you haven't heard already a new windows update for windows phone is now live (8107), I have just updated my unlocked omnia 7 to the latest release, hopefully the keyboard issues will now have been fixed

Cheers
Martin

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

Just to let everyone know, if you haven't heard already a new windows update for windows phone is now live (8107), I have just updated my unlocked omnia 7 to the latest release, hopefully the keyboard issues will now have been fixed

Cheers
Martin

Is there anyway you can publish this for us stuck with waiting for the carriers? Have you noticed that the keyboard is back to the accuracy it was before mango and back to how it was in the NoDo days?

MangoGuy

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi jrdatrackstar

I have checked the keyboard issue and it seems ok, previously I did get the problem which started annoying me, seems to be running a bit faster in general also

Cheers,
Martin

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I've seen many artices, here and elsewhere, saying T-Mobile UK is pushing this. But does anyone with a T-Mobile Omnia 7 actually have it, or is it just internet rubbish?

MangoGuy

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Those reports about T-Mobile UK deploying the update were complete rubbish.

I've phoned them and asked on Facebook, and both times been told they don't have a date for the update yet. Specifically, the response on Facebook was:

We don't have a confirmed release date for this update at the moment. Usually our twitter support team @TmobileUKHelp will let people know any update info when they get it, you'll also get this info on our support forums T-Mobile - Help & Support. Rgds, Barry, T-Mobile facebook team.

SLO Eclipse

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Got it today on Vodafone in Slovenia, keyboard stopped dissapearing, and I would say there's a minor improvement in speed, got to love the moment when you wake up and see you have an update for your phone :D

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Getting bored of T-Mobile's uselessness now. Every update they are always last.

Does an unlocked Omnia 7 with 8107 have tethering , or is that still reserved for the locked handsets?

Stig

Jan 24, 2004
Visit site
My German T-Mobile handset got the notification today and installed 8107 no problem.

Yes, Internet Sharing still works.

sab742

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I just thought I'd put it out there that I successfully manually updated my T-Mobile UK branded Omnia 7 to 8107 using the cab sender method: http://www.windowscentral.com/force-updating-your-windows-phone-os-build-8107-tutorial

If you're worried about possible viruses/trojans I don't think this is an issue but in any case you can obtain the update and language packs directly from Microsoft's servers using the links here: [CAB] Official WP7 Updates List: 7.10.8107 + ALL LANGUAGES complete + OEM updates - xda-developers

I updated from 7740 - the latest update available on Zune.

I also sent Samsung's new KK2 firmware for which--again--an official link is listed on the first post of that xda forum thread. It works fine and ICS (tethering) still works fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb