Update to DP GDR1 available!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 920 on AT&T. Prepping to install sitting at 55..now moving 73% and climbing. I'll update the board when its done. Lumia 920 is usually reliable and hasn't let me down on updates.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I dont know how they could possibly get an accurate battery assessment over a few hours.
Good point. lol. But you always have to get a second opinion when you read stuff on WMPoweruser. If they happen to be right about the battery, this could be a good thing.

heli0m

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
My phone froze for the first time ever. I updated at 11AM & when I woke up from my nap at 6, it wouldn't unlock. Sigh. Anyone else ?

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Aware if the placebo effect of updates on users I never say it's faster. However this time I must admit the phone did got a bit snappier. All the rest looks unchanged. Including the missing keyboard inputs Microsoft has been forgetting forever.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I ve read somewhere in wmpoweruser that people are seeing remarkable battery life improvements

That should be taken with a grain of salt. If not even lots of grains. Typically battery behavior is very poor after an update, as it has to be recalibrated, which takes a couple of charge/decharge cycles. So anyone saying battery life improved such a short time after installing the update is simply lying.

T 33

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
L820 UK - took about 30 minutes to download before I set off to work. Left for work with full battery (it had been on charge when downloading) arrived at work showing 54% - massive battery use for an hour - shows 1 hour 12 mins left

What's going on

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
L820 UK - took about 30 minutes to download before I set off to work. Left for work with full battery (it had been on charge when downloading) arrived at work showing 54% - massive battery use for an hour - shows 1 hour 12 mins left

What's going on

I've explained this just a couple of posts above yours. This is absolutely normal. Everytime you install an update, all values gathered about the battery are set to 0. Which means, it's needs to be recalibrated in order to be fully efficient again. This takes a couple of charge and discharge cycles, so you should be good in a day or two.
The thing is, the battery isn't even causing any issues, it's not depleting faster than usual. The culprit is the OS (and this isn't different on any other platform). Since calibration starts back from scratch, it has no values to work with and that would help determine actual battery usage. In order to prevent any damage that could be caused by an entire discharge of the battery, smartphone OS'es shutdown at a critical level (typically 20%). Since it cannot yet reliable tell the usage patterns and impact on the battery, it shows a rather huge energy consumption. With more hours of usage, more reliable data is gathered and your battery will return to its normal behavior.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Those who are stuck on spinning gears, try this:
1) plug in your phone
2) do the soft reset (with the power button and volume down)
3) at the Nokia screen press Volume Up, Volume Down, Power, Volume Down (one at a time, quickly)
4) do the same sequence at the carrier logo screen (not sure which if it would help as my phone is unbranded)
5) let the gears run for about 10-20 minutes. If it doesn't finish up, do it at least 2 more times.

The above worked for me when my phone got stuck on gears after portico and after hard reset, though its not going to work on the 0x80188308 error lol. Hopefully the next update they roll out addresses it.

Anyone notice any UX changes?

remanty2k1

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Don't wait for bit locker rectification just simply use software recovery n take normal update to cyan n this update is for the store before my apps was not working properly now it syncs and also can select all apps at once to download

swapnilmr

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Updated on my Lumia 525, found no visible changes yet.
But after installing updates 2 hours ago, few apps are yet to be reinstalled. Their status is stuck on installing. Other apps got installed successfully though.

Zohaib ZJ

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Installed successfully in 10 minutes without any battery loss..before update it was at 100% after update it is still on 100%..i guess I'm lucky
..+720

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senda.123