Upgrade to Lumia 950 but can not restore my backup

kaoh_v

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I am really hoping for some expert help here.*My wifes lumia 830 was giving issues so I convinced her to get*a new Lumia 950. They are affordable now and a proper upgrade for the 830. So today I received the phone and upgraded it first to the latest production build 10.0.14393.693. When going through the OOBE and my wife adds her life account (phone has the sim card inserted and unlocked) and then the step "searching for backups..." shows but then it skips. No backup being offered to restore.
I know that there is a backup since I created one right before we started*this. On the old phone the backup info is shown properly. But even after the new phone completes its OOBE the*backup screen is showing no backup info.
I tried everything, using with and without wifi connected, with and without the sim card inserted.
The old phone is also on the same build. So it should not be a backup version difference.

I am lost, and yes the life account really is the same account.
Opening the OneDrive app nicely shows all onedrive content, so no connection issues either.

Any ideas? Looking bad here, really trying to keep the Windows 10 mobile spirit alive while we wait for the Surface Ultra Mobile or whatever it will be called. But after*a*mis buy with the Acer Liquid Jade primo (no AU update available) and now unable to restore the backup I really look like an ***** :(

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
We usually here are urged not to use backup file to restore 950 because they caused some issues. So if you only restore your apps then best is to reinstall them fresh n clean. But if you need restore essential data then best is to use the Support feature on the phone to ask Customer Service directly help u on that issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hamododomunı