Upgrading to 950/950XL? (if it works on Verizon)

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Who of you Icon users would upgrade to the 950/950XL if it is confirmed to work with Verizon?

Of course, you probably will have to pay full price for it? VZW wont offer it with any of its plans. Worth it?

I am thinking of the 950XL. But I dont think I have ever paid $650 for a phone before.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
There's a lot of conflicting info, but in almost certain at this point that they will NOT work on Verizon.

I had planned on switching back to Verizon if they would, but looks like I'll be staying with AT&T.

I believe your Icon may the last Verizon Windows phone... EVER.

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I think it's pretty clear that the 950 series ain't gonna happen on Verizon. I'd love to think that at some point we'll see a really great new Windows phone on VZ, but I wouldn't bet on it.

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm planning on hanging on to my Icon at least to end of contract (next July). Looks like I'll be changing carriers again for my next phone.

jazzcatjt

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Actually the Lumia 735 is the only other Windows phone and it is still available on their website. A CRS assured me that Verizon has not given up on the Windows phone. Given that they discontinued my beloved Icon only eight months after releasing it and calling it their flagship phone, I agree with you and that's a shame, because the Windows phones are very cool. I love my Icon.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
At this point, the only way i'll upgrade to the 950 XL is if something were to happen to my Icon. Regardless, my next phone will be GSM. See ya, Verizon.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded to the Icon on the fire sale at the MS store online. I'm sticking with this to see what happens next year. I also think another phone might make its way to Verizon like a boss Asus phone or something. I can't roll with a phone that MAY work on a network. So unless there is an official 950 phone for Verizon, or verizon allows the current phone, I probably won't and wait.

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded to the Icon on the fire sale at the MS store online. I'm sticking with this to see what happens next year. I also think another phone might make its way to Verizon like a boss Asus phone or something. I can't roll with a phone that MAY work on a network. So unless there is an official 950 phone for Verizon, or verizon allows the current phone, I probably won't and wait.

I feel the same as you.....but I really like the icon and do not have a need to upgrade to anything else as long as Win10m full update will be available after the insider rings are done....or Win10m is RTM'ed.

final_fantasy781

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I love the Icon as well, but the issues I'm having with it are getting frustrating. WiFi doesn't connect sometimes; my phone, if charging in the Wireless charger with Bluetooth, disconnects from WiFi and stops playing music or getting emails. If I can't turn in the phone for the 950 XL or sell it, I'll keep for a backup or someone else.

Chris Phelps

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I bailed on Verizon this weekend. Been a customer with them since 2002, and 3 of my 5 lines were still unlimited data, but I've reached my breaking point with them constantly raising the prices and lowering the service. (after the Nov 15 hike, my bill would be up over $350/Mo).

But prior to that decision... Yes. I had planned on upgrading 4 of my phones (3 icons and a 928) to 950s when they launched. And yes, I am sure they will work with Verizon.

And I'll be keeping my Icons until the 950s come out. They work on GSM, as well. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte