Used phone as a music player

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Since the demise of the Zune marketplace, I haven't used my Zune in my car since I can't play DRM tunes on it. I'm thinking about a phone to use just for Groove on the car. I haven't experimented, can I drag and drop those files onto a W10 phone? I've only downloaded anything I've wanted to play on my phone. I wouldn't want to activate service on it obviously, but I guess maybe I could still use wifi if I had to.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yep. You can drag and drop music onto your phone. I have a 640XL Velcroed to my wall by my drum set with tons of music on the sd card. Works like a charm.

L0n3N1nja

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
No windows phone here, but I use my old Android phones for music and other things, great not getting annoyed by notifications.

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
The no notification thing is one reason why I use my Rockboxed Sansas Clip+ PMP for music on the move as well as because it avoids battery usage on my phone (although I have a copy of my music library on the phone and use the Loco app to play it if the Clip+ is not to hand).

rromerof

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I tried to use Groove Music (30 days trial) on my iPhone but I didn't get some artists from my country so I returned to my beloved Apple Music.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The no notification thing is one reason why I use my Rockboxed Sansas Clip+ PMP for music on the move as well as because it avoids battery usage on my phone (although I have a copy of my music library on the phone and use the Loco app to play it if the Clip+ is not to hand).
I used a Rockboxed Clip+ too!

Until it went through the wash last week :(

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I see a 635 go phone on Amazon for $60. I might take my chances on upgrading it to W10 and getting the latest version of Groove. Damn, I miss my Zune Pass.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
$60 for a 635 is too much, I'm currently peddling a 640 on the Marketplace here for less than half that and there isn't exactly a line around the block for it.

Although weirdly enough some 635's just...upgraded to 10 with Upgrade Advisor despite not being supported.

Although the 640 and some rare variants of the 635 have 1 GB of RAM.

dmunfone

Jul 8, 2017
Visit site
The 640 and 640XL are great phones. I've had my XL for quite a while now, and it has taken a beating with minimal wear showing.

I have Win7 Pro 64 bit on my laptop, and both my W10M phones just show up like a drive when I plug it in. I just dragged The Hellion onto my 950XL for a ringtone.

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
The 640 and 640XL are great phones. I've had my XL for quite a while now, and it has taken a beating with minimal wear showing.

I have Win7 Pro 64 bit on my laptop, and both my W10M phones just show up like a drive when I plug it in. I just dragged The Hellion onto my 950XL for a ringtone.

Screaming for Vengeance Hellion? I might have to do that myself. By the way, I'm not seeing a Marketplace on this website. What am I missing?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljwsrvv