Using contact groups in native Outlook client in latest Mobile update

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Using contact groups in native outlook client in latest Mobile update

On 8.1 and I believe earlier, you could create a contact group within the people app. You would name the group and then add contacts to it, with the ability to choose which email address to use in the group for any individual contact in the event you had more than one for that person. Once created, you could create a NEW email to the group from either within the people app or from within the mail app, by simply using the group name and not typing in each address individually. You could also FORWARD a previously received email to the group. This would be done by clicking forward on the email you wanted to send, then hitting the "+" sign in the "to" field, and then selecting the group name.

I looked at the 950XL on display in a Microsoft store today. I was told it had the "current build". While you can still create a group within the people app, and send a NEW email to that group from within the people app, you could NOT forward a previously rec'd email to the group as you previously could. The "+" sign is no longer present in the "to" field when you click forward on a previously received email.

Anyone know whether this will be brought back by the time the phone is sold? I own a small business that receives and forwards a high volume of web leads to many different contact groups. This functionality is critical to our workflow, so just checking to see if anyone knows whether this functionality will be brought back into the mail app.

Thanks.

GamoZ

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Using contact groups in native outlook client in latest Mobile update

Same here, I use a group to email pictures and videos of my kids to family all the time and I now have to go directly to the group under people to email them. Very frustrating! I've also noticed sometimes the messages don't even go out but are stuck in my drafts folder claiming a valid address must be entered before the message can be sent.

douggrif

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
I like to share web site articles with the people in a particular group. So within the People app I easily set up a Group. However, the group name does not come up in the Mail application as it does on my Samsung Note 4. I must enter every one individually within the "To" line instead of simple starting to enter the Group name and then selecting it. Bummer as what is the use of setting up a People Group if you can't use it?

douggrif

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Not the answer I wanted but try entering the following search into the social technet in the Microsoft forums: "How to send to group in Windows 10 Mail app". I wanted to just give you the link but I don't have enough comments in the Windows Central forums.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb