Using maps and navigation in the background

mbrooks78

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
When I am using the navigation in maps and go to home screen or launch another app, i usually get a prompt asking me if I want to resume navigation (meaning it can't run in the background). This isn't always the case though, sometimes it will run in the background. Is there anything I can do to insure it will run in the background properly?

Bojidar Markov

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Thank god someone else has found this "bug". I too was able to make the Maps app work in the background even with screen turned off Cortana was nicely navigating me via Bluetooth. I found this extremely useful and thought it's a feature, but unfortunately its a bug. Does someone know is there a way to permanently enaple the maps navigation to work in the background?

mbrooks78

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
You can go into the settings app and inside of the battery setting change the maps app to always work in the background and not let Windows manage it. Unfortunately, that method still doesn't work all the time.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Without highjacking, does anyone else see the auto zoom always happen, despite turning it off in settings? Many times I try to zoom out, only to have the app zoom right back in by itself. Very annoying when I am trying to find something.

pidjones

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
Without highjacking, does anyone else see the auto zoom always happen, despite turning it off in settings? Many times I try to zoom out, only to have the app zoom right back in by itself. Very annoying when I am trying to find something.
Is this while navigating? Most GPS override you for next turn.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss