Verizon 8x GDR2 Update - NOW LIVE!

DrummerJDM

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
I also can confirm that the Verizon GDR2 Update for the HTC 8X is live. It is currently 1:45 PM EST and the update is currently downloading. Here comes group text :). (Hopefully)

afripino

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Fellow VZW 8X owners...

Be sure you have at least 550 MB of storage available, otherwise you won't be able to download the update.

Downloading now....

SB5

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Just installed it. Internet Explorer on the phone is being really slow though, anyone else experience this? EDIT: Actually my wifi connection seems to be slow on the phone overall...

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Group MMS does not work. I sent a group text to 3 friends and got a reply. the reply came outside the group I sent. YES, I turned it on in settings.

Some other observations POST update:
Battery went from 70% at download/install to 20%. I have never seen it fall that fast ever.
FM Radio works.
XBM no real noticeable improvements from MPOV.

Last edited:

SB5

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
How's the wifi on your phone working?
Group MMS does not work. I sent a group text to 3 friends and got a reply. the reply came outside the group I sent. YES, I turned it on in settings.

Battery went from 70% at download/install to 20%. I have never seen it fall that fast ever.
FM Radio works.

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
wifi and cell data connection are flying in IE... It might be your phone caching things from your online accounts in the background, like my gmail took forever to update, but once it updated once was fine... my people tile had no pictures which is what leads me to think it might be downloading a bunch of caching type stuff right off the bat.

Edit: was just going to comment on cell data, but decided to connect to the work network to let you know...

afripino

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, I had to delete all of my music in order to install. Apparently it needs WAY more than 550 MB free (I freed up around 2 GB) to install. If you run out of space while it is in the "preparing to install" stage, it will warn you that you need X more MB free and it starts over. I can't wait for this to finish so I can free up some space! That's my biggest gripe with this damn thing.

SB5

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't think thats the case with my phone as the wifi still hasn't worked. I have restarted the phone a couple of times and soft reset too. The cell data is working perfect though.

afripino

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
sh**!!! The Make More Space app doesn't work for me! Under temporary files, it now says 2.38 GB and "tap to schedule temp file removal". When tapping, it does nothing!!!!

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I installed the updated and all is well! I called my cell from my office phone, let it go unanswered. No missed call tone! Finally!

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Fellow VZW 8X owners...

Be sure you have at least 550 MB of storage available, otherwise you won't be able to download the update.

Downloading now....

Yea, I got caught by this. I had to dump quite a few apps in the middle of the update so it could continue. I didn't realize I was that close to my limit. I believe my next phone will definitely have 32GB.

jenni122701

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Had no issues with the update process, so now we will see how it goes.

gagy7eba.jpg

ane7avu5.jpg

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen using Tapatalk

fonzman78

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

FM Radio works.

Group MMS works for me. I sent a text to a group and all replies come to the same message thread.

jan_set

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
i wondering to ask how about ussd with chinese text? can gddr2 fix this issue? because this case very annoying when i check my balance..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo